NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Bears defense is damn good, but man, both Trubisky and Goff look like hot garbage tonight.

Happens all the time.  Think of all the next great quarterbacks out there.  Dak Prescott was one, and although he's playing alright now, he's JAG at the QB position.  The more they're figured out, the more pedestrian they look.  and if they actually are okay, they get less and less okay as they ruin their own draft capital and then cost more.  It happens so often it's predictable.  

Goff is probably Matt Ryan.

Trubisky is probably RG3.  Trubisky doesn't look remotely good unless it's a cute play or they get him moving, and once teams take that away...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

well there goes the divison

lets hope the bears have something to play for in week 17

Could they be playing for a bye in week 17?  This win by them might actually help us get into the playoffs more than hurt us.  I think the Vikings will lose tomorrow night, and they might blow one, but I don't think two out of the Dolphins/Lions games, so we really need the Bears to beat the Vikings in 17.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Could they be playing for a bye in week 17?  This win by them might actually help us get into the playoffs more than hurt us.  I think the Vikings will lose tomorrow night, and they might blow one, but I don't think two out of the Dolphins/Lions games, so we really need the Bears to beat the Vikings in 17.

no because if we beat them, bears have 5 losses

currently rams and saints will have 2

Hopefully someone hires Fangio away from the Bears.  They need a little adversity this off-season.  Maybe the Packers should take a look at the guy?  Aaron Nagler threw out the idea of Fangio as HC and Zac Taylor as OC.  Maybe there is a way Pettine can stay on as DC.   Even if we aren't interested in Vic maybe someone else will.  

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hopefully someone hires Fangio away from the Bears.  They need a little adversity this off-season.  Maybe the Packers should take a look at the guy?  Aaron Nagler threw out the idea of Fangio as HC and Zac Taylor as OC.  Maybe there is a way Pettine can stay on as DC.   Even if we aren't interested in Vic maybe someone else will.  

Is Pettine really going to want to stay on if the Packers hire a defensive minded HC?  A defensive minded HC is going to want to run their defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Probably not. 

Plus, how do you go about hiring a HC who doesn't come from an offensive background given the investment the Packers have made in Aaron Rodgers.  The last thing the Packers want to do is roll through different OCs.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Plus, how do you go about hiring a HC who doesn't come from an offensive background given the investment the Packers have made in Aaron Rodgers.  The last thing the Packers want to do is roll through different OCs.

If you dont want change, then we could hire Macarthy at OC.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I agree .. I don't have real interest in a defensive head coach for that very reason.  I would think a young OC like Taylor would be able to get a couple years in before getting poached, but there's no guarantee.  My main hope is that someone out there hires Fangio as a head coach.