NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Oh, I'd love Jalen for a first. Think we're kinda robbing them blind though.

Not really
He's a **** and a cancer in the locker room and his mouth keeps writing checks that the Jags can't cover on Sunday. He's a significant part of their 2018 implosion and in-fighting.
If Coughlin is still Team President going forward, Ramsey is likley to find a new home. Despite his talents, I don't want the young and impressionable GB CBs around him. His effort last night was certainly not worthy and if you trade for him, you better be ready to write him a big fat FA contract or its just a 1 year rental.
No thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Not really
He's a **** and a cancer in the locker room and his mouth keeps writing checks that the Jags can't cover on Sunday. He's a significant part of their 2018 implosion and in-fighting.
If Coughlin is still Team President going forward, Ramsey is likley to find a new home. Despite his talents, I don't want the young and impressionable GB CBs around him. His effort last night was certainly not worthy and if you trade for him, you better be ready to write him a big fat FA contract or its just a 1 year rental.
No thanks. 

I can't tell what kind of attitude you guys want out of Packers players.

Aaron's a ****, but he's supposed to be the leader so, being a **** is bad?

Jaire is flashy, but that's ok because...he's a rookie and he's playing well?

4 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I can't tell what kind of attitude you guys want out of Packers players.

Pretty wide spectrum of opinions around here isn't there ?  :)

Charles Woodson was considered "mouthy" too but he backed it up on the field and his film review & game prep were top notch. Love having that guy around the young players and he taught Tramon who is now teaching the next generation of GB CBs

Ramsey is not Charles Woodson despite his similar draft pedigree. Ramsey may wise up over time, but I'm not betting on it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Charles Woodson was considered "mouthy" too but he backed it up on the field and his film review & game prep were top notch. Love having that guy around the young players and he taught Tramon who is now teaching the next generation of GB CBs

Ramsey is not Charles Woodson despite his similar draft pedigree. Ramsey may wise up over time, but I'm not betting on it

It's a microcosm of how this team is still searching for its identity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’d rather Bouye than Ramsey. Not that I don’t think Ramsey is better but he’s going to cost a fortune on his new deal and I’m just not convinced his attitude would work here. 

I agree with this.  Why Bouye isn't Ramsey, the drop off isn't that large.  He's already signed long term and the cap hit after this  year isn't all that huge if it doesn't work out.  He's also not the head case that Ramsey is.  

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't know about you all but I want an irrationally confident person playing DB. If there is one position where I want a guy who talks smack and celebrates ridiculously it is DB. 

It is almost pre-requisite for the job. 

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Woodson for Head Coach!  Seriously though, does he have any coaching experience?  Bet he’d be a damn good defensive coordinator.  Guy was a student of the game!

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jalen Ramsey is the most talented DB in the NFL, you would love to have him on this team next year. Even better is that he's still a bargain on the tag for the following year.

Next year his 4th year, then he still has the 5th year option plus a tag year, right

Officially pulling for the Rams to go to the SB in the NFC. Cant root for NO because of the draft pick. Certainly don't want the Bears to go or the Cowboys. Right now Seattle looks like a WC team and certainly don't want them to make it. That leaves probably Minnesota and Carolina and no thanks to either especially the Vikings. 

So yea, go Rams. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Officially pulling for the Rams to go to the SB in the NFC. Cant root for NO because of the draft pick. Certainly don't want the Bears to go or the Cowboys. Right now Seattle looks like a WC team and certainly don't want them to make it. That leaves probably Minnesota and Carolina and no thanks to either especially the Vikings. 

So yea, go Rams. 

Just say no to scumbag Stan.