NFL News & Notes

Leader

Am I one of the few who doesn't believe the video is as bad as the words they used to describe it? That kick looked more like him sticking out his leg and nudging her over as she tried to get up -- when I read the article and read he "savagely kicked her while she was down" -- I expected some ribcage shots of some full leg extended backward and flying forwards into her as she laid on the ground. That didn't happen. The push while inexcusable is forgivable. The worst part of the entire video imho was his throwing his boy into the female hulk style but in no way shape or form could we know if that was his intentions or if there was misfooting that caused it to be a look more exaggerated then what actually happened etc.. 

This isn't domestic violence. Domestic violence is violence or other abuse by one person against another in a domestic setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. This is at worst case scenario Assault and Battery that had police presence with video surveillance that never stemmed any charges. Why is that? If it's really as bad as the video appears to be, then why were charges not filed against Kareem Hunt at the time of the incident? Most likely outcome there is because the story of the eyewitness didn't portray it as brutally as the video does. 

I truly feel sorry for Kareem Hunt in all of this and people may be upset about that. I don't condone physically hitting a woman but there is absolutely no way in hell that I'm going to sit here and believe that tmz was able to obtain video footage of the incident and yet somehow the NFL and KC Chiefs were unable to? They're 100% saving face and throwing his name under the bus in this entire situation and honestly it's disgusting.

• Like 1

Yeah I reserve passing judgement on Hunt. The video was hard to pull anything concrete from.

The chiefs must have seen something that directly contradicted his story though because they made it a point to say they released him because he lied.

They wouldn't come out and say "hey we're not releasing him because of violence against a female, but because he lied to us" as a way to save face.

That or they really suck at it 😂

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Am I one of the few who doesn't believe the video is as bad as the words they used to describe it? That kick looked more like him sticking out his leg and nudging her over as she tried to get up -- when I read the article and read he "savagely kicked her while she was down" -- I expected some ribcage shots of some full leg extended backward and flying forwards into her as she laid on the ground. That didn't happen. The push while inexcusable is forgivable. The worst part of the entire video imho was his throwing his boy into the female hulk style but in no way shape or form could we know if that was his intentions or if there was misfooting that caused it to be a look more exaggerated then what actually happened etc.. 

This isn't domestic violence. Domestic violence is violence or other abuse by one person against another in a domestic setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. This is at worst case scenario Assault and Battery that had police presence with video surveillance that never stemmed any charges. Why is that? If it's really as bad as the video appears to be, then why were charges not filed against Kareem Hunt at the time of the incident? Most likely outcome there is because the story of the eyewitness didn't portray it as brutally as the video does. 

I truly feel sorry for Kareem Hunt in all of this and people may be upset about that. I don't condone physically hitting a woman but there is absolutely no way in hell that I'm going to sit here and believe that tmz was able to obtain video footage of the incident and yet somehow the NFL and KC Chiefs were unable to? They're 100% saving face and throwing his name under the bus in this entire situation and honestly it's disgusting.

How?

Don't hit people, especially women. It's not that hard. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How?

Don't hit people, especially women. It's not that hard. 

I agree with that. I believe he should be punished for that. I just don't feel the words the are being used to describe this video are at all accurate. "Savagely kicked her, while she was down" - "Brutally beat" none of these happened and are completely exaggerated. I in no way shape or form agree of anyone ever putting their hands on a female and feel Hunt deserves some scrutiny here but if you buy into what they're selling here, it's not that. 

My problem stems with the NFL and the Chiefs organization. They're literally throwing Kareem Hunt under the bus to save face. They KNEW This video existed, they CLAIMED they attempted to obtain it and failed at it during their investigation. You're talking a multi-billion dollar organization failed to obtain video surveillance in their investigation that somehow TMZ could get over them? It was because they didn't care enough to obtain the video and swept it under the rug. Now that the video is released they're doing everything they can to save face and it's disgusting.

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I agree with that. I believe he should be punished for that. I just don't feel the words the are being used to describe this video are at all accurate. "Savagely kicked her, while she was down" - "Brutally beat" none of these happened and are completely exaggerated. I in no way shape or form agree of anyone ever putting their hands on a female and feel Hunt deserves some scrutiny here but if you buy into what they're selling here, it's not that. 

My problem stems with the NFL and the Chiefs organization. They're literally throwing Kareem Hunt under the bus to save face. They KNEW This video existed, they CLAIMED they attempted to obtain it and failed at it during their investigation. You're talking a multi-billion dollar organization failed to obtain video surveillance in their investigation that somehow TMZ could get over them? It was because they didn't care enough to obtain the video and swept it under the rug. Now that the video is released they're doing everything they can to save face and it's disgusting.

Hunt better hope there’s another team out there as sympathetic as you.

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Chiefs are ****ty.

Hunt is ****ty.

Everybody in the NFL is ****ty. Packers included.

• Like 1

Anyone think that CHI would put a claim in for him?

With Nagy as the HC, that could be a selling point that having a coach that knows him and can help provide support.  From a player fit perspective, it would be almost ideal as Howard has not been a great fit it seems.

10 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

If Reuben Foster got claimed, so will Hunt. Let's be real. 

Yep, who am I kidding.  The NFL has plenty of poster children for how to whip children with a switch, beat pregnant women, run dog fighting rings, run down cops, murder, mayhem, what am I missing?

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Yep, who am I kidding.  The NFL has plenty of poster children for how to whip children with a switch, beat pregnant women, run dog fighting rings, run down cops, murder, mayhem, what am I missing?

You about covered it unless you want to toss in the theft of crab legs just for the lol's. 

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

The headlines are absolutely sensationalized and sites like TMZ should be scrutinized for saying he "brutalized" her. That's absolutely ridiculous.

However he clear as day assaulted her so I have no sympathy for him. There's lots of Kareem Hunt caliber backs in the game that don't hit women. 

Also I would never want a player on my team that needed and entourage with him whenever he was in public. Last Packer player who had that was JMike and I've heard he was a huge d-bag while in the league and it sadly took him getting his brains scrambled to grow up and become respectable.

• Like 1