NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I reserve passing judgement on Hunt. The video was hard to pull anything concrete from.

The chiefs must have seen something that directly contradicted his story though because they made it a point to say they released him because he lied.

They wouldn't come out and say "hey we're not releasing him because of violence against a female, but because he lied to us" as a way to save face.

That or they really suck at it 😂

hmm, so the chiefs might be lying about releasing Hunt because he lied.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The violence wasn't as bad as Rice.

Also Hunt's career wasn't done like Rice's was. Rice was too old. 

KC is full of sh**. They employ Tyreek who also assaulted a young women, but I guess he didn't lie about it.

Hunt will play again because he's still young like Joe Mixon?!?!?!!

If that altercation is all there is in Hunts "abuse issues" file - he'll play sooner rather than later. As offensive as it is - and I dont challenge or question anyone's feelings towards the matter - would I rather have Hunt on the GBPs than Jamaal? No question.

There is so much stupid going on with this Hunt situation. Common sense and decency are not applicable. Kid made a dumb mistake but seriously people want him stoned in the square. He should not have been released. He should be getting some help with likley and issue that can get worse and suspended for the 6 games they NFL takes about. Details be darned booze and young people have this stuff happen constantly. Every party has this. I don’t advocate for anything other than common sense. Wow. 

I'm really surprised by people defending Hunt here and demonizing the NFL and the Chiefs for doing this to some "poor kid."  That poor kid is NFL-fit getting into a fight with a woman.  It doesn't take a whole lot of will power to not be abusive.  If he was getting into a fight with Ronda Rousey I'd be more forgiving, but this isn't even predominantly an issue of beating a woman, it's an issue of him getting into a physical altercation with someone who is not remotely capable of fighting back.  As someone mentioned, the dude rag dolled some guy into the woman.  There should be consequences for that type of behavior. 

If you whip your kid to bleeding, you should lose a year to your career.
If you rag doll your wife in an elevator, you should lose your career. 
If you do what Joe Mixon did, you shouldn't play.

Tyreek Hill shouldn't be in the league.  He is because he didn't get caught on video. 
Frank Clark shouldn't be in the league.  He is because he didn't get caught on video. 

If you're a terrible person, you shouldn't represent the league.

This isn't an NFL thing.  For every single company in the world, if they find out your doing this kind of thing, you're fired.  Hunt isn't some poor victim in all this.  I don't care how bad the incident was.  He's not the first person this has happened to, and he should have known that his very career was on the line when he did what he did. 

• Like 1