NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

In the exceedingly unlikely event it happens, I'll just go on record and say i would probably be excited if we claimed Hunt.

I would be happy to claim him, let him sit the rest of 2018 either from league suspension or team "discipline ", then trade him next offseason around draft time.

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

I would be happy to claim him, let him sit the rest of 2018 either from league suspension or team "discipline ", then trade him next offseason around draft time.

This is my kind of logic. 

Don't want Hunt playing for us because I can't condone that behavior, but it would be nice if the Packers took a questionable approach to adding talent that might be frowned upon while not completely breaking rules.  Think of all the compensatory picks certain teams have gotten from this kind of behavior. 

Plus, I think Aaron Jones is just fine for us next year. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

This is my kind of logic. 

Don't want Hunt playing for us because I can't condone that behavior, but it would be nice if the Packers took a questionable approach to adding talent that might be frowned upon while not completely breaking rules.  Think of all the compensatory picks certain teams have gotten from this kind of behavior. 

Plus, I think Aaron Jones is just fine for us next year. 

I'm cool with this approach too.

There's lot of behavior I don't condone by football players, this included. But I'd also say he probably (details pending) doesn't deserve to lose his career over this (possibly?) sole instance of this nature.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm cool with this approach too.

There's lot of behavior I don't condone by football players, this included. But I'd also say he probably (details pending) doesn't deserve to lose his career over this (possibly?) sole instance of this nature.

Yea his behavior is reprehensible but I just don't see anything here even close to Ray Rice or Tyreek. Next year, Hunt should be playing somehwere. 

I’m not against giving Hunt his second shot here if we’re intent on hiring a coach who uses both backs with some consistency. I’m not sure Rodgers would love that, but frankly he’d be doing himself a favor by embracing more help on the ground later in his career the same way someone like Brees has. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm really surprised by people defending Hunt here and demonizing the NFL and the Chiefs for doing this to some "poor kid."  That poor kid is NFL-fit getting into a fight with a woman.  It doesn't take a whole lot of will power to not be abusive.  If he was getting into a fight with Ronda Rousey I'd be more forgiving, but this isn't even predominantly an issue of beating a woman, it's an issue of him getting into a physical altercation with someone who is not remotely capable of fighting back.  As someone mentioned, the dude rag dolled some guy into the woman.  There should be consequences for that type of behavior. 

If you whip your kid to bleeding, you should lose a year to your career.
If you rag doll your wife in an elevator, you should lose your career. 
If you do what Joe Mixon did, you shouldn't play.

Tyreek Hill shouldn't be in the league.  He is because he didn't get caught on video. 
Frank Clark shouldn't be in the league.  He is because he didn't get caught on video. 

If you're a terrible person, you shouldn't represent the league.

This isn't an NFL thing.  For every single company in the world, if they find out your doing this kind of thing, you're fired.  Hunt isn't some poor victim in all this.  I don't care how bad the incident was.  He's not the first person this has happened to, and he should have known that his very career was on the line when he did what he did. 

The thing I always think is that it's possible to just leave if things appear to be getting out of hand. Should have never happened.

• Like 1

Yahoo news is reporting the NFL discouraged the Chiefs from pursuing the tape of the Hunt incident. The Chiefs knew there was a tape out there and wanted to find it. The NFL told them to stop trying to get it. 

Anybody still wonder what the NFL really cares about? Certainly isn't domestic violence now is it. 

29 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yahoo news is reporting the NFL discouraged the Chiefs from pursuing the tape of the Hunt incident. The Chiefs knew there was a tape out there and wanted to find it. The NFL told them to stop trying to get it. 

Anybody still wonder what the NFL really cares about? Certainly isn't domestic violence now is it. 

Did they cite a reason this supposedly happened (?) or just drop the incendiary device and go?

Just saw this on yahoo....

Former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner was sentenced to eight years in California state prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder, according to a report by TMZ.

Browner faced with multiple charges

Browner, 34, was charged in July for an incident in La Verne, California. The La Verne Police Department news release details charges that include robbery, burglary and false imprisonment felonies as well as two misdemeanor counts of child endangerment.

He is alleged to have broken into an ex-girlfriend’s apartment where he dragged and “smothered her in a carpet” in front of her two children. He allegedly broke a locked window and stole a $20,000 Rolex watch before fleeing the scene. He was later arrested and has been in custody since July.

Browner pleaded no contest to one count of attempted murder and two counts of willful child endangerment, according to TMZ. The site reported that the robbery, burglary and false imprisonment charges were dropped in exchange for the plea.