NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. That's a sink/swim environment in New York, opposite of GB. Mac would either turn that franchise around in 1-2 years or he'll be thrown out. 

It's a troubling FO IMO - or has been. I think MM could do well there.

Ryan was a blabbermouth. Liked to read himself too much.
Bowles - a good DC - perhaps a bit over his skis as HC - perhaps - but ultimately undermined by roster talent.

Most HCs are.

Cant say I know a whole helluva lot about them - but they need players - or players that actually make plays and they're going into the offseason only 18M+CAP space - so some players are gonna have to be cut - or what. I dont know.

In any case, MM has a "talk to the media" but chill them out with platitudes - which some GB fans added to their list of reasons for disliking the guy. BBs a "genius" and all he does is mumble/grumble. I found nothing MM would say objectionable at all. He kept things in house. GB MM talking to the New York media wouldnt be the problem.

The team needs talent. Thats FO work. I hope - expect - he'll succeed whenever he lands. He's a good HC IMO.

I will never understand the obsession with receivers.  I will also never understand how people don't understand how that kind of behavior and attitude can completely divide a team. 

Steelers just missed the playoffs with twice the talent offensively and defensively we have outside of Rodgers and people want us to take on a massive contract for a player who straight up wrecks teams. 

Just like I said I wouldn't trade a 4th for Martavis Bryant and got absolutely shredded for it, then shredded for it again when the Raiders gave up a third, I'm saying it now... I wouldn't give up a third for Brown, that contract, that mouth and that attitude. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

k

Your flippant, noncommittal, adding-nothing-to-the-conversation attitude whenever someone disagrees with you is obnoxious.  Have the balls to actually discuss something or don't quote me.  Give me one single reason why Brown is worth the following PLUS losing out on a first, second or third round pick:

Antonio Brown has a 22 million dollar cap hit next season.  That's literally half of our cap space.  You expect to compete for a Super Bowl with 22 million and only one first round pick or two firsts and no second when we have:

Zero at safety.
Zero at EDGE.

That is 22 million cap hit for a 31-year-old receiver, then 18 million cap hit for a 32-year-old receiver.

Brown's cap hit next year is LITERALLY 200,000 less than Khalil effing Mack's, who will be a 28-year-old elite pass rusher. 

And you're talking about adding another top 10 receiver when we already have a top ten receiver and absolutely nothing at pass rusher or safety. 

You can take that "k" and literally shove it up your I should have stopped a few words ago. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Your flippant, noncommittal, adding-nothing-to-the-conversation attitude whenever someone disagrees with you is obnoxious.  Have the balls to actually discuss something or don't quote me.  Give me one single reason why Brown is worth the following PLUS losing out on a first, second or third round pick:

Antonio Brown has a 22 million dollar cap hit next season.  That's literally half of our cap space.  You expect to compete for a Super Bowl with 22 million and only one first round pick or two firsts and no second when we have:

Zero at safety.
Zero at EDGE.

That is 22 million cap hit for a 31-year-old receiver, then 18 million cap hit for a 32-year-old receiver.

Brown's cap hit next year is LITERALLY 200,000 less than Khalil effing Mack's, who will be a 28-year-old elite pass rusher. 

And you're talking about adding another top 10 receiver when we already have a top ten receiver and absolutely nothing at pass rusher or safety. 

You can take that "k" and literally shove it up your I should have stopped a few words ago. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Steelers would have to pay Brown $21m in dead money from the signing bonus, which would shave $7m off of what we need to pay him each year for the next 3 years, which would mean $15m, $11m and $12m

My k had about as much relevant information as your tirade

https://overthecap.com/player/antonio-brown/1579/ 

Edited by JBURGE
expanding on cap

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Zero at safety.
Zero at EDGE.

Someone does not understand NFL salary cap dynamics when players are traded.

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Zero at safety.
Zero at EDGE.

From what I’ve read, that cap hit would literally be on Pitt and not a trading partner. So, that point would be false. However, it’s also what would stop him from being traded.

30 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

With the amount of dead cap they'd need it would take more than that.

Give them NO 1st, MVS, and a 4th

not a chance I would do that.   Give up that for a 31 yo problem child?  If he has these problems with Roethlesberger they wont get better with our QB

Just now, squire12 said:

Someone does not understand NFL salary cap dynamics when players are traded.

Are you sure?  I'm sure you are, but I clearly thought the cap hit remained the same for the new team. 

If that IS right, it would take more than a third round pick to get him considering the Steelers would have to pay to lose a top ten receiver. 

Therefore, assuming that information @JBURGE provided is true...

15 million dollars.  16 million for Davante.  That's 31 million tied up in two receivers, the least important offensive positions after TE and IOL. 

That would be close to a third of our cap in QB, WR, WR.  That's not a cap distribution conducive to Super Bowls. 

Add in our dire need for EDGE and Safety, which you've just lost 15 million dollars to spend on in free agency and a first or second MINIMUM to draft, you've got us scoring 30 points a game giving up 31 points a game.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Are you sure?  I'm sure you are, but I clearly thought the cap hit remained the same for the new team. 

If that IS right, it would take more than a third round pick to get him considering the Steelers would have to pay to lose a top ten receiver. 

Therefore, assuming that information @JBURGE provided is true...

15 million dollars.  16 million for Davante.  That's 31 million tied up in two receivers, the least important offensive positions after TE and IOL. 

That would be close to a third of our cap in QB, WR, WR.  That's not a cap distribution conducive to Super Bowls. 

Add in our dire need for EDGE and Safety, which you've just lost 15 million dollars to spend on in free agency and a first or second MINIMUM to draft, you've got us scoring 30 points a game giving up 31 points a game.

I won't argue with it. But Ball and we have done if before with Cobb and Jordy