NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Not sure why I'm posting this, but read it and thought it worthy of your review :)

JuJu Smith-Schuster‏:

Fact of the day:

Water is not wet. Water is a liquid that wets things.
“Wet" is the condition of a liquid sticking to a solid surface, such as water wetting our skin.
We CAN NOT say that water is wet, because it takes a liquid AND a solid to define the term "wet."

I guess he's never heard ice

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure why I'm posting this, but read it and thought it worthy of your review :)

JuJu Smith-Schuster‏:

Fact of the day:

Water is not wet. Water is a liquid that wets things.
“Wet" is the condition of a liquid sticking to a solid surface, such as water wetting our skin.
We CAN NOT say that water is wet, because it takes a liquid AND a solid to define the term "wet."

was the football wet when he fumbled that time?

CBS Sports’ @JasonLaCanfora is reporting Mike McCarthy is not expected to take the #Jets job and will sit out the 2019 season.

Wow.

So Mac is supposedly going to sit out the 2019 season after interviewing for a 2019 position with the Jets?

And Dorsey is not going to bring Mac in to tutor Baker Mayfield?  

Even though Dorsey knows (as do E. Wolf and Highsmith) so much about Mac?

And with 7 openings, not one team is willing to break the bank to bring in the only SB winning coach currently on the market? 

Interesting.

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

And with 7 openings, not one team is willing to break the bank to bring in the only SB winning coach currently on the market? 

Interesting.

Mike, Mike, Mike... Did you lead your resume with those numbers from your time with the Saints and 49ers?

49 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

CBS Sports’ @JasonLaCanfora is reporting Mike McCarthy is not expected to take the #Jets job and will sit out the 2019 season.

Wow.

So Mac is supposedly going to sit out the 2019 season after interviewing for a 2019 position with the Jets?

And Dorsey is not going to bring Mac in to tutor Baker Mayfield?  

Even though Dorsey knows (as do E. Wolf and Highsmith) so much about Mac?

Interesting.

Interesting and damning. Something serious must have been going on behind the scenes in Green Bay that we will never know about.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Interesting and damning. Something serious must have been going on behind the scenes in Green Bay that we will never know about.

I’m not sure about that. As offered Mac the farm and he turned them down. I’m sure the Jets did/Would have too.

Not to mention MM isn’t sitting out for sure yet and has an interview with cleveland this week from what I understand.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'll never understand how people can take a 140 character tweet, put it on steroids, infer a novel about it, and deeply believe the entirety of their generated drama :D

I wonder if McCarthy has one eye on a potential opening for the Steelers HC job in 2020?

Next year, results pending of course, Atlanta, Cowboys, Carolina and Vikings could be available too.

Might be worth for him to be patient and wait?

I thought the Jets made sense for him as he had a QB to develop and could potentially reunite Pettine to the Jets as well.

Edited by Chili

Just now, Chili said:

I wonder if McCarthy has one eye on a potential opening for the Steelers HC job in 2020?

Next year, results pending of course, Atlanta, Cowboys, Carolina and Vikings could be available too.

I thought the Jets made sense for him as he had a QB to develop and could potentially reunite Pettine to the Jets as well.

Yeah, that Steelers job is McCarthy's biggest obsession right now I bet. 

11 hours ago, Chili said:

MM on the Vikings would be horrible