NFL News & Notes

Leader

The coaching hires so far has been WTF.

Kingsbury to Arizona - his record does not warrant consideration for a HC gig. He needed far more seasoning imo. A bad front office making bad decisions again. They probably had serious trouble attracting quality candidates and Kingsbury was their last throw of the dice.

Arians to Tampa. I personally think he's too old. Tampa head coaching search was pathetic- only three known interviews, Bieniemy, Arians and Richard. They didn't try to go any further than that.

Falcons probably getting worse at coordinator with Koetter.

Denver is either Munchak or Fangio- not exactly inspiring. Elway likes older coaches so it's not surprising that he has taken this route. I think it will be Fangio as this will give Kubaik a playcalling role.

Kitchens or Stefanski for Cleveland- surprised at that, the front office has an excellent group of young players, lots of cap space and draft picks. Attractive enough to have no shortage of suitors and yet these two are the final two guys. Stefanski came out of nowhere to be in consideration. Surprised they did not try to interview some of the more proven offensive minds such as McDaniels, LaFleur, Gase. Hard to believe that a team that went 3-36 had the next head coach within their ranks. Don't forget Kitchens was just the coordinator and it was Williams that ran the show in the Browns resurgence. Kitchens benefited from just having to focus only on the offence and he did very well but does that make him a head coach candidate- i'm not so sure.

The Packers hiring LaFleur was very surprising, a little too quick for my tastes but I can understand the logic of hiring LaFleur and his track record coaching QBs. Amazing that this hire started the domino effect. I honestly thought it was too early in the process as teams have barely begun to do second interviews.

Jets looks like they will land someone solid, either Monken, Gase or McCarthy. No surprises there.

Miami and Bengals has been very quiet but would lol if Hue Jackson get the HC gig with the Bengals. Now that would be a surprise!

Big Ben is a Munchak fan:

“I pray that fans write as many letters as they can to Mr. Rooney to keep Coach Munchak around,” Roethlisberger recently said. “He’s such a special coach. When the linemen are happy and love to play for their coach, they play better.”

17 hours ago, Chili said:

Arians to Tampa. I personally think he's too old. Tampa head coaching search was pathetic- only three known interviews, Bieniemy, Arians and Richard. They didn't try to go any further than that.

Disagree with this. Think Arians and the coaching staff he's putting together a definite upgrade for Tampa.
No - he's not known as one of the X's+O's Whiz Kids but he's got serious bona fides in the league, he's a natural leader that players follow (you dont hear about/from "disgruntled" players on his squads) and he'll delegate to others where necessary. Solid hire. All they need is continued player acquisitions cause this staff will know how to make use of them.

Edited by Leader