NFL News & Notes

Leader

None of this is even accounting for the fact that Brown literally split that team.  He's a selfish ahole. 

I'd pay Davante another 2 million dollars for the hell of it before I paid a player like Brown 15 million dollars AND send a draft pick for him. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Are you sure?  I'm sure you are, but I clearly thought the cap hit remained the same for the new team. 

If that IS right, it would take more than a third round pick to get him considering the Steelers would have to pay to lose a top ten receiver. 

Therefore, assuming that information @JBURGE provided is true...

15 million dollars.  16 million for Davante.  That's 31 million tied up in two receivers, the least important offensive positions after TE and IOL. 

That would be close to a third of our cap in QB, WR, WR.  That's not a cap distribution conducive to Super Bowls. 

Add in our dire need for EDGE and Safety, which you've just lost 15 million dollars to spend on in free agency and a first or second MINIMUM to draft, you've got us scoring 30 points a game giving up 31 points a game.

Nope, he's right. Trading a player has the same impact on your cap as cutting him. 

Your point that trading for Antonio Brown doesn't make sense remains accurate even with 21 million dollars less accounted for. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

None of this is even accounting for the fact that Brown literally split that team.  He's a selfish ahole. 

I'd pay Davante another 2 million dollars for the hell of it before I paid a player like Brown 15 million dollars AND send a draft pick for him. 

That Steelers team has been coming apart all year in fairness.

From Bell holding out, to the guys on the team taking pot shots at him, to the entire deal with Bryant. To Ben leading the league in attempts and picks. 

Just not a great year for them as a squad. 

@Outpost31WRs are the least important position? member when we we the Super Bowl and were a top team in the league for like 5 years? 🍇 

Even when the defense got crappy. Bomb WRs combined with a good Oline made that possible. Since GBs WRs have regressed the entire offense has.

for the record not really interested in Brown and the price he would command

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That Steelers team has been coming apart all year in fairness. From Bell holding out, to the guys on the team taking pot shots at him, to the entire deal with Bryant. To Ben leading the league in attempts and picks. Just not a great year for them as a squad. 

This is true. Talk about teams in need of a culture change.
This squads gotta be near the top of that list.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

@Outpost31WRs are the least important position? member when we we the Super Bowl and were a top team in the league for like 5 years? 🍇 

Even when the defense got crappy. Bomb WRs combined with a good Oline made that possible. Since GBs WRs have regressed the entire offense has.

QB

OT

WR

OG

OC

TE

RB

is probably how I would rate it. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, I remember when we were in the Super Bowl.  It was Jordy's third year and he hadn't had more than 2 touchdowns in a season.  Jordy was not the Jordy you remember until AFTER the Super Bowl.  He also had major drops in the Super Bowl.  Donald Driver had 51 catches and 4 touchdowns in 2010.  Jermichael Finley was on IR. 

James Jones - 50 receptions, 679 yards, 5 touchdowns.
Donald Driver - 51 receptions, 565 yards, 4 touchdowns.
Jordy Nelson - 45 receptions, 582 yards, 2 touchdowns.

Greg Jennings had a great year that year.  Davante Adams > Greg Jennings. 

We had a bunch of mid-round IOL and Chad Clifton on the OL. 

We also had an elite pass rusher, an elite safety, an elite corner, an elite DL plus two really good corners. 

So we won a Super Bowl with a bunch of youth at WR and greatness on defense, then we slowly upgraded at WR and downgraded on defense, haven't won a Super Bowl since - haven't BEEN to a Super Bowl since - and you're trying to tell me that the recipe was our receivers? 

k

Edited by Outpost31

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I remember when we were in the Super Bowl.  It was Jordy's third year and he hadn't had more than 2 touchdowns in a season.  Jordy was not the Jordy you remember until AFTER the Super Bowl.  He also had major drops in the Super Bowl.  Donald Driver had 51 catches and 4 touchdowns in 2010.  Jermichael Finley was on IR. 

James Jones - 50 receptions, 679 yards, 5 touchdowns.
Donald Driver - 51 receptions, 565 yards, 4 touchdowns.
Jordy Nelson - 45 receptions, 582 yards, 2 touchdowns.

Greg Jennings had a great year that year.  Davante Adams > Greg Jennings. 

We had a bunch of mid-round IOL and Chad Clifton on the OL. 

We also had an elite pass rusher, an elite safety, an elite corner, an elite DL plus two really good corners. 

So we won a Super Bowl with a bunch of youth at WR and greatness on defense, then we slowly upgraded at WR and downgraded on defense, haven't won a Super Bowl since - haven't BEEN to a Super Bowl since - and you're trying to tell me that the recipe was our receivers? 

k

That Super Bowl was basically jordys arrival dude.