NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Why do people think the Bears are going to be a good football team? It's a head scratcher to me. 

The only explanation is how flat the Packers have come out the last two years. Love and most of the starters are going to play some this preseason. 

I think we curb stomp the Bears. 

The NFC is a head scratcher to me in general lol. I can't wait for the season though. I haven't felt this excited to just sit back and watch a journey in a long time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The NFC is a head scratcher to me in general lol. I can't wait for the season though. I haven't felt this excited to just sit back and watch a journey in a long time. 

Yep.  I've been in "wake me up when it's the playoffs" mode for years.  Not knowing what to expect from this team has me more interested in the season than I've been in a while. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Tristan Wirfs is seeing a phycologist over his move from RT to LT. Apparently, the move is causing him quite a bit of anxiety. 

Does anything about this seem normal? 

Expect to see more of this with each coming generation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Tristan Wirfs is seeing a phycologist over his move from RT to LT. Apparently, the move is causing him quite a bit of anxiety. 

High pressure job.

Access to free (and presumably the incredibly rare, good mental health care) 

Why wouldn't he take advantage of it? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not normal, but that doesn't mean it is all hands on deck, mental break down stage either.  This can be any number of things, and many different severities.  Perhaps he just is having a hard time reversing his footwork and is trying mental help to break his old habits.  

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not normal, but that doesn't mean it is all hands on deck, mental break down stage either.  This can be any number of things, and many different severities.  Perhaps he just is having a hard time reversing his footwork and is trying mental help to break his old habits.  

I believe they said it was over the anxiety for the switch. I thought he played LT at Iowa but he mostly played RT there as well.