NFL News & Notes

Leader

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ex-giant-blake-martinez-banned-105557931.html

Maybe Pokemon was too good to be true for Blake?

I read that article and the only thing I understood was that Blake Martinez made a bunch of money in the NFL and that he also made a bunch of money selling Pokemon cards.  I have no idea what any of the rest of that meant.  He should just go to Pokemon games and beat up the nerds and take their cards.  It will totally work until we convince AJ Hawk to play Pokemon just to beat up Blake.  AJ Hawk is a bad mo fo. 

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Tristan Wirfs is seeing a phycologist over his move from RT to LT. Apparently, the move is causing him quite a bit of anxiety. 

Does anything about this seem normal? 

Quite honestly, it doesn't sound strange at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I read that article and the only thing I understood was that Blake Martinez made a bunch of money in the NFL and that he also made a bunch of money selling Pokemon cards.  I have no idea what any of the rest of that meant.  He should just go to Pokemon games and beat up the nerds and take their cards.  It will totally work until we convince AJ Hawk to play Pokemon just to beat up Blake.  AJ Hawk is a bad mo fo. 

Blake’s Breaks Pokémon empire folds like a house of cards. 

AJ could probably take him in a battle of 50s but Zach Tom could roll them both. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers have a doctor on their staff with the title DIRECTOR OF PERFORMANCE PSYCHOLOGY AND TEAM BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CLINICIAN. So it's probably more common than a lot of people knew. 

It would honestly surprise me if any team does NOT have any psychology related staff at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Seriously, Crabtree is not even top 5 in 49ers or the Raiders history. 

Seriously, I had an insane draft crush on him.  He was flat out breaking ankles in college.  That kid was electric.  NFL?  Not so much.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, Mazrimiv said:

Quite honestly, it doesn't sound strange at all.

Not only does it not sound strange if your any player that is an average to below average NFL starter I assume its an extremely stressful job to have. One injury, one draft pick, or late round surprise talent can be the difference between making upwards of millions to being a mailman. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Watching NFLN this morning and saw a clip of Rodgers dapping up Bryce Young. Even Rodgers makes that guy look tiny lol. 

I saw him throw a really bad INT to Gardener to end a camp practice.  In the end zone.

For whatever that is worth....

• Like 1

Former Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III was sentenced Wednesday to three to 10 years in prison for a November 2021 drunken driving crash that killed a Las Vegas woman and her dog.

Ruggs could be eligible for parole in three years.

A Clark County District Court judge told Ruggs on Wednesday that it was one of the more tragic cases she has seen.