NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Like a front office's reputation after starting him, then sitting him for Boyle and Simien and then asking him to go back to QB1 after they stunk up the joint even worse???

I think most any agent could navigate that question in regards to their client looking to sign a contract to compete in camp for QB2 on a low end deal.

They’re still paying him around 9mil/year with another year and 5th year option on his deal. There is definitely some bad blood there but both sides would be smart to play nice. End of the day, whatever makes that 2nd rounder drop is my preferred outcome so I hope the drama blows it all up. 

• Like 1

Dianna Russini @DMRussini

Aaron Rodgers reached out to Zach Wilson in an effort to advise him to resume the starter role, but at the time, Wilson remained apprehensive due to perceived injury risk, per sources.

So Wilson is telling Rodgers he would rather not resume the QB1 role because he's afraid of injury?  Damn.  I don't think Russini could get away with making this stuff up and posting it.  It's so ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This whole thing is hilarious. 

AR12: "Zach we need you back out there man." 

Wilson: "So I can end up like you? Nah, I'm good." 

AR12:  Hey Zach, we need yah out there.  Don't worry, I'll call plays for yah.  It'll be funsies.

Wilson:  Lose my number.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The Jets sure know how to mess with a young QB's mind and confidence. Whether they would develop is another story. The fact we are seeing this again is an indictment on the organization.

The Jets are a team with an offensive line that's horrible at pass blocking, and Zach Wilson is a QB who you absolutely need to keep clean.  It's a marriage neither party should want.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So Wilson is telling Rodgers he would rather not resume the QB1 role because he's afraid of injury?  Damn.  I don't think Russini could get away with making this stuff up and posting it.  It's so ridiculous.

Lot of inside conversations gracing our timelines. Jets gotta focus on getting the rats out of the building. Rodgers can play Departed.. that should excite him

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

rodgers needs this distraction or he might physically melt watching JLove and GB with how the season is going.

can you imagine what an interview of his would be like if the Packers win a super bowl in the next 4 years? or more than 1....

• Like 2