NFL News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, jleisher said:
31 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

$14m, minus Massie's contract, $6m and change.

we don't know what his cap hit is this year. Could be $4million, could be $12million

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Either way, that's tight with a rookie QB deal in place.

I think that is the point when the QB is on a rookie deal.  Add the pieces that you feel can push you toward a playoff run while you have the cap space to use at other position.  Seattle, Philly, LAR all did/are doing just that.  You only have that rookie QB deal option for a few years.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think that is the point when the QB is on a rookie deal.  Add the pieces that you feel can push you toward a playoff run while you have the cap space to use at other position.  Seattle, Philly, LAR all did/are doing just that.  You only have that rookie QB deal option for a few years.  

Yes, but they used up a ton of draft capital in future years as well. Something those teams did not do. So as players go down, or move on via free agency they do not have the resources to add additional/replacement pieces. Add on top of that the incredible luck they had health wise and they are in trouble. 

This was the best they are going to be unless Trupicksky becomes an elite QB. I simply do not think that is going to happen.

Edited by Golfman

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Mitchell is the not QB i wouldve done this with. but they are shooting their shot, more than you can say about GB.....

15 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

Mitchell is the not QB i wouldve done this with. but they are shooting their shot, more than you can say about GB.....

I'm very thankful that they didn't take Watson or Mahomes with that pick.  They both are head and shoulders above Trubisky.

16 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

One could also argue it's somewhat foolish mortgaging you're future like that. I tend to doubt Mitchell leads them to anymore than he did this year. Especially with Fangio gone.

They have a smaller margin of error going forward but they were a very good team this year with a few rising stars, they need a few breaks again sure but every team does! The Rams got those this year! I don’t think there is a strong argument for Goff or Ryan or Foles or Newton being a top 5 QB yet they all had things fall their way and ended up in a Super Bowl. It can definitely happen for the Bears, their biggest obstacle is their division 

No word whether this will be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.........but stay tuned:

A quest by two New Orleans Saints ticket holders to force a full or partial do-over of this year's NFC Championship Game because of a blown "no-call" by game officials was rejected Thursday by a federal judge.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

No word whether this will be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.........but stay tuned:

A quest by two New Orleans Saints ticket holders to force a full or partial do-over of this year's NFC Championship Game because of a blown "no-call" by game officials was rejected Thursday by a federal judge.

I think any serious consideration for a replay would have to come from ownership. And they sure won't do it because a Rams super bowl victory might solidify a fan base in LA after decades of trying. Money for everyone!

NFL is rigged.