NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ian Rapoport -  Jaguars HC Doug Pederson on a Trevor Lawrence extension: “Obviously the sooner you get it done, it's behind everybody, and now we focus on football, and so that's not lingering and that's not out there.” The franchise QB is at OTAs amid contract talks…

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Jaguars HC Doug Pederson on a Trevor Lawrence extension: “Obviously the sooner you get it done, it's behind everybody, and now we focus on football, and so that's not lingering and that's not out there.” The franchise QB is at OTAs amid contract talks…

Whose extension comes first? Lawrence or Love?

19 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

All part of the insidious conspiracy plot to destroy the Nuclear Family; by having football on the TV every day of the week.

One could argue with the swiftflation the Chiefs bring to their fan base maybe it will do more to bring the family together. Except on Tuesday of course. 😁

On 5/19/2024 at 12:19 PM, Leader said:

Fanatics is a complete racket, and anyone taking a stance against them is a winner in my book.

keeping your brand in-house and realizing all the profits will be tough to do (you won't be able to license the Cardinals/NFL logo, font, etc.)  But there's no reason you can't make a jersey that says Cardinals in red with Harrison Jr. on the back.

Even if you only sold 10% of the jerseys that you would have through NFL shop, you'd for sure come out ahead compared to the deal you're getting from Fanatics.

22 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

All part of the insidious conspiracy plot to destroy the Nuclear Family; by having football on the TV every day of the week.

This has been the case for a long time.  Some of you must be insufficiently into MAC football.

But this is why I don't really like NFL games on weird days, since it really hurts the profile of some of your weirder college football games.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:This has been the case for a long time.  Some of you must be insufficiently into MAC football.

But this is why I don't really like NFL games on weird days, since it really hurts the profile of some of your weirder college football games.

Usually before I make any major life decisions I think to myself, “Self, how will this affect weirder college football games and potentially cruciferous vegetables?”

• Like 1

This caught me by surprise.  Didn't realize it was so close to being implemented.

NFL to test optical tracking system for line-to-gain rulings in preseason with eyes toward 2024 implementation

The NFL is moving forward this preseason with an optical tracking system for line-to-gain rulings, sources tell CBS Sports. The system had been tried out in a few NFL stadiums this past season, and it will get a full preseason trial this summer.

If the trial goes well and everyone's on board, the tracking system will be implemented full time for the 2024 NFL regular season, sources say.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This caught me by surprise.  Didn't realize it was so close to being implemented.

NFL to test optical tracking system for line-to-gain rulings in preseason with eyes toward 2024 implementation

Would have been nice in January. As much as I enjoy the spectacle and the dramatic finish, the chain gang and ref spotting the ball in a cloud of dust is long outdated. There will still be some debate on when a player is down but some tech that actually tracks the position of the ball on the field will be welcomed. 

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

It seems like the NFL is just choosing where to hold drafts based off of where I'd personally least like to spend a weekend now. So let me be the first to offer congratulations to Buffalo on getting to host the 2027 draft. 

27 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

It seems like the NFL is just choosing where to hold drafts based off of where I'd personally least like to spend a weekend now. So let me be the first to offer congratulations to Buffalo on getting to host the 2027 draft. 

2028 draft at @Norm’s house

• Like 1