NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Glad to see there is finally some commonsense about injured players from preseason being able to return during the season without having to cut someone who was otherwise making the 53. 

• Like 2

I think "how many NFL players get arrested for each team" has more to do with the local cops relationship to the team than one team attracts a lot more criminals than another does.  Like it's not improbable that one reason the Vikings have so many arrests is how weirdly aggressive the Minneapolis cops are (you might have heard something about this.)

But like even in college football, you get wrong-doing swept under the rug by friendly officials all the time.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think "how many NFL players get arrested for each team" has more to do with the local cops relationship to the team than one team attracts a lot more criminals than another does.  Like it's not improbable that one reason the Vikings have so many arrests is how weirdly aggressive the Minneapolis cops are (you might have heard something about this.)

But like even in college football, you get wrong-doing swept under the rug by friendly officials all the time.

I would venture to guess most of these arrests happen in the off season, when players aren't in the town of the team, they play for. 

EVERY police organization in NFL cities will cut players slack for the things they can. 

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Chiefs exterminated the contract of Isaiah Buggs today. 

Not sure if I should give them credit for taking action or laugh for their inconsistent approach. 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure if I should give them credit for taking action or laugh for their inconsistent approach. 

Probably a bit of both.  If it were Kelce or Mahomes, nothing would have happened.  But this guy is a role player, at best, so he is gone.  Not that, that is only a Chiefs thing, stars get better treatment.