NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is funny how chicken wings went from "the part of the chicken that you could get super cheap because they're hard to eat"(i.e. the reason "buffalo wings" exist- the Anchor bar could get them cheap) to "literally the most expensive part of the chicken" (i.e. the reason "boneless wings" exist- they're portions of breast meat cut into wing shapes.)

The first time I ordered wings, thirty years ago, for a restaurant I'd guess they were about ~10% of the price of chicken breast per pound. The last time, a year ago, was probably ~125%. There was a short time in 2022  it was at least ~200%.

Just looked it up. At both my last restaurant and the wing place down the street you can order 5 chicken breasts for approximately the same price as 10 wings. 10 for $16 or $3 breast and 10 for $19.50 and $4 breasts. That's beyond stupid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Interesting how many clips like this of DA17 have surfaced in the last couple weeks. I've seen about 5 or 6 of them.

Edited by Tperk

50 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Interesting how many clips like this of DA17 have surfaced in the last couple weeks. I've seen about 5 or 6 of them.

It's pretty clear the Raiders are not going to trade him this year, since they really don't want to eat $40m in dead money.  Next year though, is likely if things don't turn around in a big way in Vegas.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's pretty clear the Raiders are not going to trade him this year, since they really don't want to eat $40m in dead money.  Next year though, is likely if things don't turn around in a big way in Vegas.

I pulled this from OTC. They could actually recoup 17.5 million in cap space this year since it is after June 1st. Adams guaranteed salary would go to the acquiring team. He would then need to be restructured based on his salaries the next two seasons. 

Davante Adams Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Really crazy how much we won both the Adams and Rodgers trades. 

Adams is just frustrated with a QB that keeps throwing him into danger. He would like to play with a high-end QB, but also doubt he really wants to leave his home in Vegas to play somewhere else.  

1 hour ago, R T said:

Adams is just frustrated with a QB that keeps throwing him into danger. He would like to play with a high-end QB, but also doubt he really wants to leave his home in Vegas to play somewhere else.  

Genuinely wonder what was going through his mind when he saw *SIX* QBs go in the first before the Raiders picked this year.  The next QB selected was in the fifth round.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tperk said:

He’s part of the “Receiver” series that came out. He and a bunch of guys were mic’d up for maybe a whole season so lots of stuff coming out. Still, not a good look talking about getting rocked worse than he ever has in his whole career. DA took the deal to play with a lesser organization. They traded his QB away and now he’s got to deal with whatever they roll out there. He’s missed but we have a pretty great crew at WR for basically one year of his deal. 

Edited by Refugee

On 7/12/2024 at 3:35 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

It is funny how chicken wings went from "the part of the chicken that you could get super cheap because they're hard to eat"(i.e. the reason "buffalo wings" exist- the Anchor bar could get them cheap) to "literally the most expensive part of the chicken" (i.e. the reason "boneless wings" exist- they're portions of breast meat cut into wing shapes.)

That has happened to so many foods....a century or two ago, lobster was trash food; brisket and flank steak, which were garbage cuts, are now desired etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That has happened to so many foods....a century or two ago, lobster was trash food; brisket and flank steak, which were garbage cuts, are now desired etc etc. 

I think the lobster thing could have been somewhat a religious thing. When people more closely followed their religious doctrine. 

Judaism, Islam and some Christian denominations forbid the eating of shellfish. 

28 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Think that's crazy wait til you see the grasshopper prices in 2050

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 5:01 PM, wgbeethree said:

The first time I ordered wings, thirty years ago, for a restaurant I'd guess they were about ~10% of the price of chicken breast per pound. The last time, a year ago, was probably ~125%. There was a short time in 2022  it was at least ~200%.

Just looked it up. At both my last restaurant and the wing place down the street you can order 5 chicken breasts for approximately the same price as 10 wings. 10 for $16 or $3 breast and 10 for $19.50 and $4 breasts. That's beyond stupid. 

While I love wings, this makes me think I should just order like 5 chicken breasts with the wing sauce on them instead.

• Like 1