NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Being better than McCoy isn’t exactly a compliment and Keenum isn’t taking them anywhere.  They’re prolly closer to a rebuild than the playoffs anyway so they prolly should’ve traded for Rosen.  So it’s not about the late rd pick swaps or finagling the money. It’s about an inept Bruce Allen and a coach who ain’t the one. 

It is what it is.
Their starter's working on one leg.
Their backup's never gotten it done for them - or anybody for that matter.
So they nabbed a decent veteran backup - a guy that can carry the team - for a couple of bucks.
I didnt think WA was gonna be making many waves this year but at least with Keenum they have a chance not to stink. I think its a good trade.
Keenum gets them thru to next year when (maybe) Smith can return - or the QB draft / FA market is better. I think they're treading water right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, he's too big of a big gamble. I'd do it for like a 2020 conditional pick that would be related to his play % and success, but Steelers aren't goin to do that.

A gamble no doubt -- but he would have looked good scooting out of the slot and scampering all over the place - no denying that.

16 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I love how people are against a move that would  instantly make the team better. I get the distraction stuff but do we really care if we win a championship (or at least get back to the playoffs)?

I sure don’t. 

Although your statement makes sense about people flip flopping. AB can't get pressure off the edge can he? He'd tie up a fair amount of cash when we have the current edge and pass rush situation of a highschool team. Sackrel is our current number one guy and behind him we have FBrown. A superstar WR may be great but unless we can shore up that D we ain't going to the superbowl even with 2 AB's added. Just my opinion take that money and get a couple solid tier 2 FA's.

34 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I love how people are against a move that would  instantly make the team better. I get the distraction stuff but do we really care if we win a championship (or at least get back to the playoffs)?

I sure don’t. 

That's the problem, it's not a guarantee he improves the team. Obviously everyone likes AB's talent, but the question is if his behavior would get in the way of making the team get better. If he goes off the deep end like he did in Pitt and is on the sideline, is he making the team better?

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That's the problem, it's not a guarantee he improves the team. Obviously everyone likes AB's talent, but the question is if his behavior would get in the way of making the team get better. If he goes off the deep end like he did in Pitt and is on the sideline, is he making the team better?

It's also a coin flip as to whether our younger wideouts would gravitate to AB's diva ways, or actually learn from him ... he's reported to be an excellent worker.  I'd probably gamble and add the guy if the draft pick compensation is low.  He's an animal of a football player.

58 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I sure don’t. 

Gute does

He traded HHCD for being a distraction, traded Montgomery for not being a good listener, cut Whitehead for a penalty, and fired Winston Moss for a tweet. Sooner or later fans would save themselves a lot of anguish if you just believe Gute when he says he values character. He's says it multiple times every time he speaks

Brown is a character, but doesn't have any

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

maybe this means CLE stays out of the EDGE FA market 

It was a player for player trade

Nice trade for both teams IMO. You have a guy you can replace who's making a lot, trade him for another's teams version of your guy at a position you need more.