NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nope. Its a one game sample size.

They also had 3 picks and a pick 6. You do that, you're likely going to score some points.

Yeah, first half was more indicative of what the game was like (12-6). Then the Browns fell apart, had 4 turnovers in a row, and TEN scored twice on 30 yd fields and a pick-6 - which inflated the score by 21 points.

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

is anyone a little concerned by Tennessee scoring 43 points without Lafleur?

Not really. I watched almost the entire game (live in Cleveland) and the Titans offense scored 13 points through almost 3 quarters. With about 2 minutes left in the 3rd, they added a TD on a 75-yard screen pass that was a complete busted play by the Browns defense. Then the fourth quarter was a schit show of turnovers by the Browns. 

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

is anyone a little concerned by Tennessee scoring 43 points without Lafleur?

3 picks led to short field, one was actually a pick 6, Browns miserably played a screen pass to Henry that went for a 75 yard TD. It was like 17-13 at the beginning of the 4th Q. There's 28 of those points right there. Mariota has never had a legit WR though so if Brown becomes that, of course they'll look a bit better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

His lawyer has released a long statement, sounds like these two have a long history. The timing here is fishy to me, imagine most of the country is against him right now. We'll see where it goes. 

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wow I hate reading this stuff. Just sucks I have little girls at home. Whether true or not this crap happens far to often. Womem deserve better than this crap. If true rot. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If they have the text messages he's toast. I"m all for innocent until proven guilty though. There has been instances where people are just looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Better to let this one play out. 

Stranger things have happened. The Darren Sharper deal totally threw me for a loop. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

It is true this could be one of the ~5% of of false claim cases.

I'm not calling this false and I'm also not going to debate it but I imagine when serious financial gains (accusee worth a high amount) can be made these numbers are different.

We all just saw what happened to Cephus a year ago. It's a bad situation either way, either Brown did something horrible to this woman or he'll never fully recover in the public eye. I don't want to have an opinion on it until all evidence is presented.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

His lawyer has released a long statement, sounds like these two have a long history. The timing here is fishy to me, imagine most of the country is against him right now. We'll see where it goes. 

The best response I heard in response to this is that it takes time for this to get set up.  She didn't wake up today and decide to come out.  This took a long time to get going.  Maybe during:

Him throwing a football at Roethlisberger
Him tweeting his way out of Pittsburgh
Him frostbiting his own foot
Him crying over his helmet
Him threatening to retire
Him calling his GM a cracker and threatening violence
Him telling the Raiders to release him

Who knows when it got started.  All I know is Brown did himself no favors whatsoever in his defense.  He's his own worst character reference right now. 

The Patriots deserve this.  Regardless of whether or not the claims are true, Brown brought this upon himself by making himself the most despised player in the NFL.  If this is a lie the woman deserves some sort of punishment, but if this is even close to true, Brown should be forced into retirement in prison. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The best response I heard in response to this is that it takes time for this to get set up.  She didn't wake up today and decide to come out.  This took a long time to get going.  Maybe during:

Who knows when it got started.  All I know is Brown did himself no favors whatsoever in his defense.  He's his own worst character reference right now. 

The Patriots deserve this.  Regardless of whether or not the claims are true, Brown brought this upon himself by making himself the most despised player in the NFL.  If this is a lie the woman deserves some sort of punishment, but if this is even close to true, Brown should be forced into retirement in prison. 

Agree with all of it other than the Patriots deserving it ha. I hate them as much as the next guy but I don't think any PR should come their way if this is true.

Sounds like she says she has emails/texts to prove her side and his lawyers say he has emails/texts of her asking him for money and benefits like tickets and such which would prove his side. We'll see who really has what.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Nice summary.  Have to laugh one day later and this lawsuit comes out.  NE also just traded Thomas to the Jets.  Not a good look for NE.  One day and already a bad vibe.  This is the kind of thing that can crush chemistry.  NFL.com didn't pick it up yet saw the news over at B/R.  Really hope NE gets bit in the *** on this one.  Read Brown's text he's a POS as if we didn't know that already.  Play with fire sooner or later you will get burnt.  I'll see if NFL network picks up the story in the morning.  Wonder what BB is thinking right now?  Oops...

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, we don't imprison people in this country over a claim that is 'close to true!' It's beyond a reasonable doubt. Antonio Brown, scumbag that he is, deserves that same standard. 

Just read this on ESPN. It isn't even a criminal charge. She is going after him with a civil case and get this, asking for 75K while claiming he forcibly raped her. This is going to be tough to prove and seems weak on the surface IMO. 

As far as the NFL goes, he's got no worries of suspension or anything involving this civil case, IMO. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1