NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Hes gonna have a tough go, call him Meriweather.

Not sure of the player comparison and didnt watch much of the OAK/DEN game - but the highlight showing when he was apparently injured showed a lot of speed and fearlessness.

Edited by Leader

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero:  Raiders safety Jonathan Abram suffered a torn labrum and rotator cuff. Somehow, he finished the game against Denver. Now, headed for surgery that’s expected to end his rookie season.

Hurt himself on a great play too where he flew to the sideline and blew up the receiver to cause an incomplete pass. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Not sure of the play comparison and didnt watch much of the OAK/DEN game - but the highlight showing when he was apparently injured showed a lot of speed and fearlessness.

Oh that's Brandon Meriweather I think they're nigh identical. Flagrant fouls and hard hits. Injuries to others and himself. He's got to reign himself in a bit and I think he could find himself in some Pro Bowls with the highlights he can create. I just think he might be a little past the times, gonna find himself getting a lot of flags thrown in his direction. 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Oh that's Brandon Meriweather I think they're nigh identical. Flagrant fouls and hard hits. Injuries to others and himself. He's got to reign himself in a bit and I think he could find himself in some Pro Bowls with the highlights he can create. I just think he might be a little past the times, gonna find himself getting a lot of flags thrown in his direction. 

That could be. What I've seen (and recall reading about him pre-draft) is that he's a hitter. Coverage skills? Cant say as I've not seen a lot of the guy - but it doesnt appear he'll be making HHCD "business decisions" anytime soon.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

That could be. What I've seen (and recall reading about him pre-draft) is that he's a hitter. Coverage skills? Cant say as I've not seen a lot of the guy - but it doesnt appear he'll be making HHCD "business decisions" anytime soon.  

Definitely a hitter, whenever he arrives he's in a bad mood. Fun to watch. It's just that when people start rolling on the ground after a hit these days it's more than likely a flags going to appear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Not sure of the player comparison and didnt watch much of the OAK/DEN game - but the highlight showing when he was apparently injured showed a lot of speed and fearlessness.

He was my favorite player in the draft this past year.  Once we inked Amos I knew he wouldn't be coming to GB.  Had we not signed Amos I think he would have been up there on Gute's wish list.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:  The Chargers announced that TE Hunter Henry suffered a tibia plateau fracture to his left knee during last Sunday’s game against the Colts. That is crushing.

Ben Fennell: Damn. Some serious talent on the sidelines for the Chargers to start 2019 -

Hunter Henry, Derwin James, Melvin Gordon

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:  Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill (sternoclavicular joint injury) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. A positive sign: KC does not plan to put him on IR, as of now. He’ll need to be monitored in rehab, and how quickly it progresses will determine if it’s more or less than 6 weeks.

A tough absence to withstand for KC, but they are uniquely qualified to do it: The emergence of Sammy Watkins and drafting of 56th pick Mecole Hardman will help.

With all the AB bashing going on....This guy is a piece of crap human being.  Funny how karma works sometimes.  NFL didn't suspend him with audio tape of him displaying his temper with women and children, somehow explaining away how his child broke their arm.  POS.  The AB thing just smells funny.  If it is only civil then it should have been taken care of sooner and off to the side.  It remains odd that she saw him a third time after an apology and a promise to pay for the hotel if she continued her work with him......weird.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

In which he also likely gave his teammate Gareon Conley a career ending neck injury. He played reckless and in the process injured the two best players in that secondary, himself and Conley. 

EDIT: Holy ****, just saw Conley was at practice today. That injury looked brutal.

Edited by Cheesehawk