NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

My question is what is NE going to do now?  What a fine mess they just got themselves into.  It's been a long string of crap coming from Brown.  Now this?  Talk about a PR disaster for NE it's all I care about Golf and I'm loving it.

It's all good, but they won't be giving this a second thought. It is not going to change who they are or what they allow. Antonio Brown will be at practice tomorrow, or not because he sometimes doesn't show up. Nothing will change. 

They ain't winning it this year though. The wheels on that bus are going to fall off before the Super Bowl.. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It's all good, but they won't be giving this a second thought. It is not going to change who they are or what they allow. Antonio Brown will be at practice tomorrow, or not because he sometimes doesn't show up. Nothing will change. 

They ain't winning it this year though. The wheels on that bus are going to fall off before the Super Bowl.. 

Good luck to the field. The AFC is an absolute dogschit conference. Who is going to touch NE? Maybe KC and that's it, and even then I don't think KC's defense is that good. I see a clear path for NE to the SB, like most years. They could lose to the NFC team who makes it, but I see very little resistance up to that point, regardless of any issues that might arise with Brown, Gordon, etc. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Good luck to the field. The AFC is an absolute dogschit conference. Who is going to touch NE? Maybe KC and that's it, and even then I don't think KC's defense is that good. I see a clear path for NE to the SB, like most years. They could lose to the NFC team who makes it, but I see very little resistance up to that point, regardless of any issues that might arise with Brown, Gordon, etc. 

KC, Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville.  Those are the four teams that have a shot at upsetting the Patriots in the playoffs this year.  Jaguars have to make it first.  The others will.  Don’t judge Texans on one game.  

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

KC, Baltimore, Houston, Jacksonville.  Those are the four teams that have a shot at upsetting the Patriots in the playoffs this year.  Jaguars have to make it first.  The others will.  Don’t judge Texans on one game.  

Jacksonville? Lol. I'll give you the first one. The second two are maybes and Jacksonville is just you trying to soothe your hatred of New England by telling yourself they are capable. The Chargers, Titans and Browns I would list ahead of Jacksonville.

10 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

No idea if the allegations are true or not.

However, BB, Brady, and Kraft having to answer questions about them perhaps throughout the season is some sweet karma.

They will hear questions directed at them, but they won't answer.

Belichick won't even let the question finish before sneering and moving on.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're a great poster, but part of me wants you to be banned from posting this week due to username.

You don't like genius philosopher pirates?

I could change to "Perry the Platypus" so I could be the nemesis of Heinz D on the Bears forum if you like.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

On a side note, how does Drew Rosenhaus continue to represent this clown. You talk about a guy with no dignity or shame in his game. He's a co-conspirator in Brown getting the Raiders to release him IMO. 

Hope the NFL looks into his part in this and possibly suspends for a while. 

Huh?

I get not liking Brown, but let's not pretend that the NFL will suspend an agent for being an agent.

And as far as this recent AB drama goes....it's fishy to me.  The timing is suspicious as is the civil case versus a criminal case.  

11 hours ago, Scoremore said:

My question is what is NE going to do now?  What a fine mess they just got themselves into.  It's been a long string of crap coming from Brown.  Now this?  Talk about a PR disaster for NE it's all I care about Golf and I'm loving it.

They dealt with a guy who was a murderer.  Maybe even a serial murderer.  They have another guy who is still playing, while facing federal charges concerning cocaine.  Their gross owner was filmed and named in a prostitution/human trafficking case.  Brady open mouth kisses his kids.  (Just had to get that out there again.)

They eat "PR Nightmares" for breakfast.

This is nothing new for the franchise.  And they still win.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport:  Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill (sternoclavicular joint injury) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. A positive sign: KC does not plan to put him on IR, as of now. He’ll need to be monitored in rehab, and how quickly it progresses will determine if it’s more or less than 6 weeks.

A tough absence to withstand for KC, but they are uniquely qualified to do it: The emergence of Sammy Watkins and drafting of 56th pick Mecole Hardman will help.