NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

In which he also likely gave his teammate Gareon Conley a career ending neck injury. He played reckless and in the process injured the two best players in that secondary, himself and Conley. 

EDIT: Holy ****, just saw Conley was at practice today. That injury looked brutal.

I saw that "hit" and that was purely secondary and accidental. That said it didnt look good as Conley's head was compressed down on to his shoulders. 

• Like 1

Michael Giardi:  Asked if Antonio Brown was staying at his house, Tom Brady says he's not getting into that. He didn't appear to be too psyched that info became public to begin with Sunday night.

<Yeah....I was wondering how that was gonna go down......>

"Uhhhhhhh AB.....the wife says she's not feeling well and thinks maybe you should leave so you dont catch.....whatever she's got"

24 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

This may have been posted already, but while Cobb had a good game for the Cowboys his injury bug showed up again.  Looks like a rib injury that has him questionable for game 2. 

I thought Cobb played well but that defense in NYG land is terrible. On Cobb's TD both safeties just watched him run right between them. Really hard to guage how much was Cobb and how much was the Gints. I like Cobb also but our younger legs without the injuries will show themselves yet this year.

11 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I thought Cobb played well but that defense in NYG land is terrible. On Cobb's TD both safeties just watched him run right between them. Really hard to guage how much was Cobb and how much was the Gints. I like Cobb also but our younger legs without the injuries will show themselves yet this year.

Dallas just abused New York (and was openly making fun of them on the field) who put up an effort just a notch above what Miami gave Baltimore.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dallas just abused New York (and was openly making fun of them on the field) who put up an effort just a notch above what Miami gave Baltimore.

I thought they put up what hey could, they have no passh rush, no LB's and no DB's and their best player was signed away to Washington in Collins. They did improve their Oline but they are a few years away before they can compete. With that said you said it they got abused, so was Cobb the man or was it the poor D that helped him shine.

Edited by PACKRULE

13 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I thought they put up what hey could, they have no passh rush, no LB's and no DB's and their best player was signed away to Washington in Collins. They did improve their Oline but they are a few years away before they can compete. With that said you said it they got abused, so was Cobb the man or was it the poor D that helped him shine.

I always liked Cobb. That said, the Cowboy receivers (of all stripe: WR/TE/RBs) were *WIDE OPEN* all day and Dak was just picking and choosing who to throw it to. 

NFL Rumors:

Chargers Place Trevor Williams On IR

The Chargers swapped out cornerbacks Wednesday, signing Dontae Johnson and placing Trevor Williams on IR. Williams represents the latest injury loss for the again-malady-plagued Bolts. Williams was looking to bounce back from an injury-riddled 2018 campaign, where he missed seven games due to a knee injury. The Chargers tendered Williams as an RFA back in March, but a quadriceps injury limited him and will force him to IR. A UDFA out of Penn State, Williams started 15 Chargers games in 2017.

Minor NFL Transactions: 9/11/19

Chicago Bears - Released from IR via injury settlement: TE Dax Raymond

Cincinnati Bengals - Signed: LB LaRoy Reynolds / Released from IR via injury settlement: QB Jeff Driskel

Cleveland Browns - Released from IR via injury settlement: OL Kyle Kalis

Denver Broncos - Signed: WR River Cracraft / Placed on IR: WR Tim Patrick

Detroit Lions - Signed: RB David Williams / Waived: QB Chad Kanoff

Indianapolis Colts - Promoted from practice squad: S Rolan Milligan / Released from IR via injury settlement: LB Ahmad Thomas

New York Giants - Released from IR via injury settlement: WR Alex Wesley

Philadelphia Eagles - Promoted from practice squad: CB Craig James / Released from IR via injury settlement: TE Richard Rodgers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Released from IR via injury settlement: DL Jeremiah Ledbetter

Jon Gruden

Scoffed when asked about Antonio Brown’s lawsuit: “I’m not aware of anything,” Gruden said. “If you want to ask about him you can call his employer.”

Edited by Leader

Rotoworld:

Coach Adam Gase confirmed that Sam Darnold (mono) won't suit up for the Jets' Monday night matchup against the Browns.

Gase added that Darnold could miss several weeks. The Jets will move forward with Trevor Siemian under center. It's far from an ideal offensive situation, particularly with Le'Veon Bell (sore shoulder) also banged up.

Coach Adam Gase told reporters that Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) won't practice Thursday and will get an MRI.

The Jets are falling apart at the seams, as Sam Darnold (mono) has been ruled out for Week 2 and it appears that could be in Bell's potential range of outcomes as well. At the very least, it seems unlikely that Bell will play 100% of the Jets' offensive snaps Monday night against the Browns like he did in Week 1. Ty Montgomery is Bell's replacement.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is a "real chance" Antonio Brown plays Week 2 unless the NFL steps in.

Brown practiced on Wednesday, and the Patriots don't appear like they'll be sitting him if he's eligible to play. The NFL could put Brown on the Commissioner's Exempt List before Week 2, but a move like that has historically been reserved for criminal cases, not civil lawsuits like the one Brown is currently facing for alleged rape and sexual assault.

Edited by Leader

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/micah-hyde-jordan-poyer-two-of-the-nfl-s-best-masters-of-disguise

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick marveled last season at how both Hyde and Poyer technically put themselves out of position in an effort to hide the defensive play call until the snap of the ball, and somehow still get to their assigned spots to execute the call. It leaves opposing quarterbacks unable to find their best solution to the defensive call before the ball is in their hands.

“They do such a good job about giving quarterbacks looks pre-snap and then changing when the ball is snapped so now the quarterback, as he’s dropping, has to figure now what coverage are you going to end up in,” Frazier said. “Those guys add a lot to our defense beyond what they do athletically.”

lzicaeuw3gbillbabtua.jpg

Edited by Howler

On 9/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, Leader said:

That could be. What I've seen (and recall reading about him pre-draft) is that he's a hitter. Coverage skills? Cant say as I've not seen a lot of the guy - but it doesnt appear he'll be making HHCD "business decisions" anytime soon.  

I mean, the long and short of it is that people who don't know football got excited about Kam Chancellor, but you needed an Earl Thomas to make that work.  Old school "blow em' up" safeties are an acquired taste.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the long and short of it is that people who don't know football got excited about Kam Chancellor, but you needed an Earl Thomas to make that work.  Old school "blow em' up" safeties are an acquired taste.

Thats why I personally had Adderley, CGJ (and then) Savage on my radar screen. I wanted a true "centerfield" coverage FS. I dont mind hitters - but we had one (Brice) who could be exposed in coverage and hit the wrong guy when bringing the heat.

Abrams will probably be good at the next level. The little bit that I've seen, he looks like a confident "I'm gonna make a difference" kind of player.....but still too early to tell. 

The Hall announced the 122 nominees who will be in the running for those spots on Thursday. The group includes five first-time nominees.
The entire list of nominees, which will be cut to 25 in November and 15 in January, is below:

QUARTERBACKs — Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Boomer Esiason, Jeff Garcia, Jeff Hostetler, Dave Krieg, Donovan McNabb

Other than Cunningham, that's a pretty lame list for HOF consideration.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The Hall announced the 122 nominees who will be in the running for those spots on Thursday. The group includes five first-time nominees.
The entire list of nominees, which will be cut to 25 in November and 15 in January, is below:

QUARTERBACKs — Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Boomer Esiason, Jeff Garcia, Jeff Hostetler, Dave Krieg, Donovan McNabb

Other than Cunningham, that's a pretty lame list for HOF consideration.

True story. Cunningham was on the HOF finalists list for college football.

As a punter.

(Looking for a source it looks like he made it in and they listed him as both. When the list was released to the media it was around the web because behind his name it literally just said Punter. I'm guessing they took both into consideration, which they should have)