NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  A ruthless GM would get a deal done and worry about the interpersonal stuff later. Not sure Gutey is that guy. I guess we'll see. I'll say this: Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Pettine is a match made in football heaven

<Not sure what interpersonal stuff he's referring to>

Mess around too long and the Patriots will swing a deal for him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  A ruthless GM would get a deal done and worry about the interpersonal stuff later. Not sure Gutey is that guy. I guess we'll see. I'll say this: Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Pettine is a match made in football heaven

<Not sure what interpersonal stuff he's referring to>

Yeah, I see it a bit differently. I think Gute isn't afraid to make a bold and/or aggressive decision. He'd be nuts not to be all over this at this point.

IF we did swing a deal for Fitzpatrick (which I think more a pipe dream than possibility), it would be an interesting collection of draft talent:

Fitz - Round 1 pick Dolphins
Alexander - Round 1 pick GB
Savage - Round 1 pick GB
Jackson - Round 2 pick GB
KK - Round 2 pick GB

And just for discussion....the recently traded:

Josh Jones - Round 2 pick GB

GB certainly hasnt been ignoring the secondary in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

IF we did swing a deal for Fitzpatrick (which I think more a pipe dream than possibility), it would be an interesting collection of draft talent:

Savage - Round 1 pick GB
KK - Round 2 pick GB

I'd rather trade for Fitz than try my hand at the draft pick wheel of chance again.  

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Savage - Round 1 pick GB
KK - Round 2 pick GB

Part of me feels that the potential of a deal would include one of Jackson or KK. Unloading KK while he still has value and offing his health concerns, or unloading Jackson who wasn't that great of fit to Pettine's scheme when drafted...but was just an ultra value pick with potential

Edited by Packers Select

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd rather trade for Fitz than try my hand at the draft pick wheel of chance again.  

Oh I can definitely see the benefits, but its gonna take a high pick (and maybe a player if we're competing with a loser team....) - meaning talent thats not going to a different position in next years draft.

Hence my earlier observation.....will the GB FO consider us already fully invested in the secondary?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh I can definitely see the benefits, but its gonna take a high pick (and maybe a player if we're competing with a loser team....) - meaning talent thats not going to a different position in next years draft.

Hence my earlier observation.....will the GB FO consider us already fully invested in the secondary?

They have invested a ton, but with the Packers playing 5 and 6 db's all the time I think there is room to add a potential standout.  Maybe a guy like Josh Jackson gets shipped in the deal.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They have invested a ton, but with the Packers playing 5 and 6 db's all the time I think there is room to add a potential standout.  Maybe a guy like Josh Jackson gets shipped in the deal.

Would you ship Jackson or King?

In essence - replace King with Fitzpatrick?

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

No. 

Okay. So Jackson and a 2nd - or would you go 1st plus the player?

Kings certainly more talented than Jackson.....its a wager on how healthy you think he's gonna be.

Fitzpatrick played all 16 games his rookie season.

So in theory you're buying snaps from a player that stands a better chance of being on the field than King.

Might give us the smallest secondary in the league......but anyway :)

Edited by Leader