NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 hours ago, Norm said:

I think that's how I got onto using Martin the other day. Gore is a lesser player to me than Martin was. But yeah, longevity.

I agree with this sentiment; just being available and "effective" for so many years is impressive and Im ok with guys like that getting in the hall. I think there are plenty of QB's who are in the hall due to longevity.

Its extremely impressive based on the length of the careers his peers had or continue to have. If he were a kicker no one would care he has been playing since Bush was president. But since he is a running back its almost amazing.

I love how AB isn't even wearing the same Xenith helmet he agreed to wear for the Raiders after that dramatic helmet fiasco. Have to imagine that was all part of his scam to get released too, and when that didn't work, he took it up a notch to recording conversations/going HAM on social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Chris MortensenVerified account @mortreport

FollowFollow @mortreport
More

The Dolphins have granted permission to DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to seek a trade, according to multiple sources who say Miami's asking price is too high. Dolphins have no comment. Story coming with help from @CameronWolfe

They’re asking for a 2nd. I would be so down. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Frank Gore will be an interesting one. Dude has been a starting RB for like 30 years, 4th all time leading rusher, probably passes Barry this year... but only one truly great season, and even that year he finished behind LT and Larry Johnson in rushing. I think longevity ends up working in his favor, simply because it's amazing how long he's lasted.

Frank Gore and Curtis Martin are the same guy.  And that guy doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.  He has been a good player for a long time, but hardly a great player.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think that tweet is nonsense.

it probably is, but the underlying issue is a player who wants out and has expressed that desire publicly. That changes things
It hurts the value the Dolphins can garner in a trade. Fair guess the GB isn't at the top of Minkah's list or the Dolphins list based on GB's likely draft slot

Zach Kruse:  A ruthless GM would get a deal done and worry about the interpersonal stuff later. Not sure Gutey is that guy. I guess we'll see. I'll say this: Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Pettine is a match made in football heaven

<Not sure what interpersonal stuff he's referring to>

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  A ruthless GM would get a deal done and worry about the interpersonal stuff later. Not sure Gutey is that guy. I guess we'll see. I'll say this: Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Pettine is a match made in football heaven

<Not sure what interpersonal stuff he's referring to>

Where he will fit within the scheme with the guys we have.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

Just now, Shanedorf said:
4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

He will take Tramon's job

And the Titletown forum will rejoice

GB is still super- low on the positional spending side at CB, so cash is not an issue

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

Minkah would cost, like, nothing. Apx $5.5 million total over the next 3 years. Money is not an issue

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Minkah would cost, like, nothing. Apx $5.5 million total over the next 3 years. Money is not an issue

We'd be paying him (I believe you have to take the signing bonus out of the equation):

2019 1.2M

2020 2.0M

2021 2.7M

Which is actually below Tramon's 2019 cap hit. Peanuts.