NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 4/17/2018 at 8:43 AM, ArthurPensky said:

Man as someone pointed out, Seahawks first draft pick last six years: Malik McDowell, Germain Ifedi, Frank Clark, Paul Richardson, Christine Michael, Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter. Plus a 2nd on Richardson. Woof, I know many wanted him for GM instead of Gutey but that is rough.

Schneider literally made a name off of 3 years of strong drafting.  Aside from those three years, he's been a miserable GM.

• Like 1

Really hate when people act like Harvin had anything to do with the Seahawks winning that Super Bowl.  That Super Bowl was won after the second series.  He had one single catch in the regular season (17 yards).  He had 4 catches for 26 yards in the playoffs.  The score was 22 to 0 when Harvin returned that kick for a touchdown.  The Broncos scored 8 total points.  The Percy Harvin trade was one of the worst trades in the past 10 years.  They got nothing out of him worth anything.  Nothing.  It was an awful, awful, awful, awful, awful trade that was the beginning of the end of the Seahawk's "dynasty." 

The Vikings drafted Xavier Rhodes with the pick that they got from the Seahawks.

Xavier Rhodes. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Schneider literally made a name off of 3 years of strong drafting.  Aside from those three years, he's been a miserable GM.

Which perfectly coincides with the departure of a certain someone considered a scouting genius iirc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Really hate when people act like Harvin had anything to do with the Seahawks winning that Super Bowl.  That Super Bowl was won after the second series.  He had one single catch in the regular season (17 yards).  He had 4 catches for 26 yards in the playoffs.  The score was 22 to 0 when Harvin returned that kick for a touchdown.  The Broncos scored 8 total points.  The Percy Harvin trade was one of the worst trades in the past 10 years.  They got nothing out of him worth anything.  Nothing.  It was an awful, awful, awful, awful, awful trade that was the beginning of the end of the Seahawk's "dynasty." 

The Vikings drafted Xavier Rhodes with the pick that they got from the Seahawks.

Xavier Rhodes. 

Are there really people who say that? xD

Well Schneider basically said he thought first round picks were overrated, didn't he?  He traded a lot of first round picks for lower/more draft picks.  Clearly hasn't helped him acquire talent.  I don't know how anyone can overrate first round draft picks unless they're extremely arrogant and feel like they can regularly find high end talent in the later rounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Well Schneider basically said he thought first round picks were overrated, didn't he?  He traded a lot of first round picks for lower/more draft picks.  Clearly hasn't helped him acquire talent.  I don't know how anyone can overrate first round draft picks unless they're extremely arrogant and feel like they can regularly find high end talent in the later rounds.

That was a Bobby Beathard philosophy. Heralded as a 'draft guru'.................I always thought he was an idiot.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, OneTwoSixFive said:

That was a Bobby Beathard philosophy. Heralded as a 'draft guru'.................I always thought he was an idiot.

I don't understand why people try to discredit Beathard all because of the Leaf pick. The Chargers had the worst offense in the league the year prior and were in desperate need of a QB. Really no one saw Leaf ending up as tragic as it did. It was common belief that both Leaf and Manning were going to be starting QBs. All the scouts in Indy wanted Leaf... really speaks more to Bill Polians greatness in disregarding his scouts and drafting Manning than it does to Beathards failures.

29 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I don't understand why people try to discredit Beathard all because of the Leaf pick. The Chargers had the worst offense in the league the year prior and were in desperate need of a QB. Really no one saw Leaf ending up as tragic as it did. It was common belief that both Leaf and Manning were going to be starting QBs. All the scouts in Indy wanted Leaf... really speaks more to Bill Polians greatness in disregarding his scouts and drafting Manning than it does to Beathards failures.

I wasn't thinking of the Leaf pick. I was thinking of him in his later days, when he pushed the philosophy of giving up his next years first round pick for the current years second rounder.