NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Clinton Portis?

[edit] I see now that someone already guessed Clinton.  He had a few monster seasons.

Yes - but thanks for participating.

The new car has already been awarded to @Dubz41 and we're simply waiting on his selection of year, make and model.

In the NFC, 15 of the 16 starting quarterbacks either:

1) Are making $27M per year or more

2) Were top-3 draft picks

3) Have won a Super Bowl

The 16th is Dak Prescott.

In 2018, nearly half of the starting QBs in the NFC will be former #1 picks, and 10 of the 16 will be top 3 picks.

Three of the other six will be Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson. Cousins, Jimmy G, and Prescott the final three.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

In the NFC, 15 of the 16 starting quarterbacks either:

1) Are making $27M per year or more

2) Were top-3 draft picks

3) Have won a Super Bowl

The 16th is Dak Prescott.

In 2018, nearly half of the starting QBs in the NFC will be former #1 picks, and 10 of the 16 will be top 3 picks.

Three of the other six will be Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson. Cousins, Jimmy G, and Prescott the final three.

Another reason why the parity or lack thereof between the AFC and NFC is laughable. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Yes - but thanks for participating.

The new car has already been awarded to @Dubz41 and we're simply waiting on his selection of year, make and model.

I'll go back to my beginning and select a '72 Chevy Malibu, 350, vinyl top.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice. My first "paid for it myself" was a '74 Olds Cutlass vinyl top with a 455 V8. I touched 140 on a long straight back road one moonlit night (the speedometer went that far!) and the water pump puked out a week later, leading to a cascade of financial setbacks that forced me to sell it not long after.

That was stupid in so many ways. I am now known to be kind to animals and children, respectful of women, and attentive to all my responsibilities as part of a decades long installment plan to pay back Karma for that bad, bad stuff from my wayward youth.

15 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Sorry to report Dubz that we dont currently have that make/model in stock :(

And since this is a one time offer....well, you've kinda stuck out :(:(

I do have a used '72 Pinto in the garage I could loan ya....transmissions a little clunky though  :)

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I was thinking about former CBs who went into coaching - here's Al Harris after he went to a barber shop.

Currently coaching DBs for the CHEF's

AlHarris-2016.jpg

Guy looks shocked somebody was taking his pic

• Like 3

Love how the Eagles have approached FA the last few years. They are very good at adding veteran depth to their roster. They have basically no cap money and yet they've added guys like Wallace, Ngata, Worley, Worrilow, Nelson and Rodgers to their team. Nothing flashy but building solid depth at every position. We should be taking notes. 

Edited by packfanfb