NFL News & Notes

Leader

31 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Has anybody ever seen the $$ earned for the Packers color rush uni's ?

The All white is pretty  weak in my view, did Packer Nation step up and buy lots of those ? I'm guessing no, but I've never seen any actual numbers trumpeted

I'll tell ya - compared to what "rush" uni's I've seen other teams running around in - I'll take the the Packers. Some of these odd and enhanced pastels are a bit much IMO.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

I'll tell ya - compared to what "rush" uni's I've seen other teams running around in - I'll take the the Packers. Some of these odd and enhanced pastels are a bit much IMO.

I'd be a fan of the all Green, home jerseys with matching green pants.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd be a fan of the all Green, home jerseys with matching green pants.

Is that the compliment to the white ones? I couldnt recall or visualize them when posting - but in general I thought the GBPs rush uni's better than a bunch of other teams stuff. Not a fashion maven - but thought some of the other uni's were pretty bad.

12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Has anybody ever seen the $$ earned for the Packers color rush uni's ?

The All white is pretty  weak in my view, did Packer Nation step up and buy lots of those ? I'm guessing no, but I've never seen any actual numbers trumpeted

Not so much Packers jerseys, but teams like the Cardinals and San Fran. There is a large market of people who buy those alternate jerseys who dont care about the team.

Part of the ugliness of the color rush is the pants.  When the Rams are in the pictured yellow, it wouldn't be as gaudy if they had their normal blue pants.  But the single color scheme can make it look like a box of crayons is out there playing.  That yellow shirt would be fine to wear to the game or sports bar, especially because a sane person wouldn't be wearing the uniform pants, they are probably in jeans or sweatpants, which are probably not matching bright yellow.  

The Packers all white is pretty much a cop-out, and is lame.  All green or all gold would fit the spirit of the color rush much better. That said, there is nothing worse than the green highlighter Seahawks uniforms.  

22 hours ago, Leader said:

The pecking order of the NFC.

The real deals:  Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints.

<The Packers believed they were somewhat balanced until they lost Rodgers. Green Bay was ranked first in this exercise a year ago and Rodgers' return should have them right back in the mix, like the rest of the decade. Minnesota has every right to dream big after adding Cousins and getting running back Dalvin Cook back from injury, but the Vikings are barely favorites in their own division>

Don't forget about us:Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys.

An uphill climb: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins.

Rebuilding: Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals.

You agree?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925341/article/nfc-roster-reset-crowded-at-top-of-conference-hierarchy

That is fair.  The Vikings have a legit defense, and a pretty good offense.  Cousins IMO isn't an upgrade over Keenum from last season, but he is a player that will give them what Keenum gave them last season, every season.  Keenum will not repeat his last season, and signing Cousins keeps that window open until they start feeling the pressure of signing all of the good defensive players.  The Vikings are the defending division champs, and haven't gotten worse, they should be the favorites.  The Packers should be improved simply for the fact that Rodgers is much less likely to break the pocket to run into a 12 yard loss sack on 2nd and 10, effectively ending a drive, than was Hundley.

Just my opinion, I would drop the Giants into rebuild, and put the Lions in the don't forget about us tier.  

6 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Just my opinion, I would drop the Giants into rebuild, and put the Lions in the don't forget about us tier.  

And Carolina is certainly a real deal team.  That's one of the best Defenses in the NFL with a franchise QB and an improving offense.  Tough division makes their record look worse than they are as a team.

On 4/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Part of the ugliness of the color rush is the pants.  When the Rams are in the pictured yellow, it wouldn't be as gaudy if they had their normal blue pants.  But the single color scheme can make it look like a box of crayons is out there playing.  That yellow shirt would be fine to wear to the game or sports bar, especially because a sane person wouldn't be wearing the uniform pants, they are probably in jeans or sweatpants, which are probably not matching bright yellow.  

The Packers all white is pretty much a cop-out, and is lame.  All green or all gold would fit the spirit of the color rush much better. That said, there is nothing worse than the green highlighter Seahawks uniforms.  

Dude some traditional forest green jerseys with the yellow numbers would be so sick

I like the idea of all grass-green unis. Just fade into that landscape like a night-time ninja.........

Or you could go the other way on offense, using the old WW2 trick of dazzle colours in weird patterns, so tracking that receiver when close up is just hurting the eyes. :D

Edited by OneTwoSixFive