NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

So the NFL will flex games to Thursday? That's the only way the game schedule can be stronger. I don't see this ending well at all...

Not true. What game will be a better football game? Packers-Vikings or Browns-Bengals? 

You can make the games stronger by putting an emphasis on it from the get go.

^^ And that is why I have to roll my eyes at Packer fans who want to "roll the dice" on draft prospects with character red-flags. Quite a few fans wanted Foster at one 'board I frequent. And it's always "Yeah but our locker room is strong so we can afford the risk ~hyuck!" as if Foster would have behaved himself off-the-field if his locker were in Green Bay rather than SanFran.

Talent does us no good when it's in jail.

If it's a question of simple maturity and growing up, that's different. If you're a problem child off-the-field, though, forget it.

1 hour ago, Gopher Trace said:

^^ And that is why I have to roll my eyes at Packer fans who want to "roll the dice" on draft prospects with character red-flags. Quite a few fans wanted Foster at one 'board I frequent. And it's always "Yeah but our locker room is strong so we can afford the risk ~hyuck!" as if Foster would have behaved himself off-the-field if his locker were in Green Bay rather than SanFran.

Talent does us no good when it's in jail.

If it's a question of simple maturity and growing up, that's different. If you're a problem child off-the-field, though, forget it.

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.  Red Flags are given for a variety of reasons, not everyone is a R Foster.

Young men often mature at different rates and being somewhat isolated in Green Bay can lower the temptations for some.

Anyway, my point is that there are some kids in this draft that I'm more than willing to give a shot to and some that are a big pass.

Glad we dodged the Foster bullet.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Everybody who says, "It's his right," in relation to Kaepernick has to also acknowledge that this is Seattle's right to refuse to sign him.  Goes both ways. 

I think he's out of his cotton picking mind to trade his career for kneeling and pig socks.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with.  Red Flags are given for a variety of reasons, not everyone is a R Foster.

Young men often mature at different rates and being somewhat isolated in Green Bay can lower the temptations for some.

Anyway, my point is that there are some kids in this draft that I'm more than willing to give a shot to and some that are a big pass.

Glad we dodged the Foster bullet.

'Pretty sure I distinguished between some concerns and others (maturity/growing up -vs- reckless behavior).

But I do want to address one of those points: players will only be in Green Bay for the season. In the offseason, they are free to go where they please.

Also, Foster could easily have done (felony domestic-violence) what he did in Green Bay.