NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Schefter just said that he expects Odell to be traded for a 1st and a 3rd or 4th round pick. He will be a Ram you would have to assume at that price. 

On paper that has to be the biggest influx of talent in one offseason in history - Odell + Suh + Peters + Talib. Can we get them on Hard Knocks again? 

Talk about mortgaging the future. 

• Like 1

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Talk about mortgaging the future. 

Yeah - but I heard somewhere that next year they're supposed to have something like 100M in CAP space?

It thats true - that affords them ALOT of flexibility.

If its true.

Just now, Leader said:

Yeah - but I heard somewhere that next year they're supposed to have something like 100M in CAP space?

It thats true - that affords them ALOT of flexibility.

If its true.

94 million.  So?  The Packers have 70 million and we're paying Rodgers.  The Rams will have Joyner, Suh, Saffold, Webster and Donald hitting free agency next year.  Remember when the Eagles had that huge offseason AND signed Vince Young and everybody said they were going to be impossible to beat? 

Short memories.  The Rams are going to be another example of too many additions in one offseason.  It's a thing.  I'd bet money on them missing the playoffs this coming season.  You'll get great odds, and you'll get a lot of money. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

94 million.  So?  The Packers have 70 million and we're paying Rodgers.  The Rams will have Joyner, Suh, Saffold, Webster and Donald hitting free agency next year.  Remember when the Eagles had that huge offseason AND signed Vince Young and everybody said they were going to be impossible to beat? 

Short memories.  The Rams are going to be another example of too many additions in one offseason.  It's a thing.  I'd bet money on them missing the playoffs this coming season.  You'll get great odds, and you'll get a lot of money. 

They're gonna need to hire Ted after this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So? I said it affords them alot of flexibility. Thats all - and the talent you refer to is already "in house" - so you;ve got first dibs on whether you want to dump them or make them part of your future. Thats all. Wasnt a "league-wide" comparision - but its unusual for teams that have loaded up to have that much discernible income the next year.

27 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I sure hope they fail.  I have a lot of friends and some family that spent a lot of time and money supporting that team.  Dishonest Kronke.  

4 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

Schefter just said that he expects Odell to be traded for a 1st and a 3rd or 4th round pick. He will be a Ram you would have to assume at that price. 

On paper that has to be the biggest influx of talent in one offseason in history - Odell + Suh + Peters + Talib. Can we get them on Hard Knocks again? 

Rams are basically Madden franchise now lool

• Like 3

If it's a 1st, 3rd and 4th, I don't think it's the Rams.  If it is, I'm still not afraid of the Rams.  They'd have a 4th round pick and 5 6th round picks this year if they made that trade.  When was the last time a team didn't have a pick until the 4th round of the draft and when has that worked out well for a team in the long run? 

I'm against having too many picks, but  you need picks in the draft. 

I wouldn't trust Odell to perform after he gets paid.  Believe he is coming off of a fairly significant injury as well.  Past performance is no guarantee of future results.  Whoever signs Odell will learn this lesson.  Want no part of him.  Also guy wants north of 20 mil/yr so first you have to work out compensation before any idea of trading for him.  Giants GM just upped price to 2 1st rounders.  Guy needs to get off the crack...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Remember when Minnesota did this back in 2005/2006?

Ahh those paper championships...

• Like 1