NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Think really hard. When was his last revenge game?

I honestly truly completely legitimately cannot remember a time he had a great game against a dominant defense since 2010 in the Super Bowl.  I feel like that was his only great game against a top-ranked defense ever.  I know I’m probably wrong, but I certainly cannot remember one.  

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I honestly truly completely legitimately cannot remember a time he had a great game against a dominant defense since 2010 in the Super Bowl.  I feel like that was his only great game against a top-ranked defense ever.  I know I’m probably wrong, but I certainly cannot remember one.  

I don't care.  If he does his job this weekend against the Bears ... all is good in my world.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

the Seahawks and Vikings in 2016 both top 5

bears count in 2018 right?

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

not really pertaining to #12, but in this case exactly what Is a dominant defense

Also, how common is it really to have a *great* game vs a dominant defense? Are you really that dominant of a defense if you give up great games to opposing QBs?

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

not really pertaining to #12, but in this case exactly what Is a dominant defense

Also, how common is it really to have a *great* game vs a dominant defense? Are you really that dominant of a defense if you give up great games to opposing QBs?

Look at what Drew Brees just did to the Niners.  Niners have STILL allowed less passing yards per game since 1977 after that game.  That should answer all of your questions.  

Great defenses fear great quarterbacks.  Only teams afraid of Rodgers are bad teams.  It’s been that way since 2016.  Probably longer considering what the Broncos did to Rodgers in 2015.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at what Drew Brees just did to the Niners.  Niners have STILL allowed less passing yards per game since 1977 after that game.  That should answer all of your questions.  

Great defenses fear great quarterbacks.  Only teams afraid of Rodgers are bad teams.  It’s been that way since 2016.  Probably longer considering what the Broncos did to Rodgers in 2015.

Like I said in my post, wasn’t referencing Rodgers.

The NFL is officially done with Colin Kaepernick, commissioner Roger Goodell revealed this week, but that’s only half the story. Because of his unwillingness to conform, Kaepernick has also shut the door on the league, and it’s best that both parties finally move forward separately.

In the wake of a league-arranged workout for Kaepernick in November that, predictably, fell apart amid finger-pointing between the quarterback and his onetime employer, Goodell said Kaepernick is in the league’s rearview mirror. “This was … about creating an opportunity,” Goodell said in response to reporters’ questions about last month’s scheduled event in Atlanta that Kaepernick canceled at the last minute following multiple disagreements between the sides. “It was a unique opportunity – an incredible opportunity – and he chose not to take it. I understand that. And we have moved on.”

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

The NFL is officially done with Colin Kaepernick, commissioner Roger Goodell revealed this week, but that’s only half the story. Because of his unwillingness to conform, Kaepernick has also shut the door on the league, and it’s best that both parties finally move forward separately.

In the wake of a league-arranged workout for Kaepernick in November that, predictably, fell apart amid finger-pointing between the quarterback and his onetime employer, Goodell said Kaepernick is in the league’s rearview mirror. “This was … about creating an opportunity,” Goodell said in response to reporters’ questions about last month’s scheduled event in Atlanta that Kaepernick canceled at the last minute following multiple disagreements between the sides. “It was a unique opportunity – an incredible opportunity – and he chose not to take it. I understand that. And we have moved on.”

Restated accurately:

The NFL front office is done making efforts to get him signed. Signing him will be left up to the teams. [Like it should have been from the beginning].

Teams are still permitted to sign Kaepernick if they decide they want to.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Restated accurately:

The NFL front office is done making efforts to get him signed. Signing him will be left up to the teams. [Like it should have been from the beginning].

Teams are still permitted to sign Kaepernick if they decide they want to.

Since the settlement at least...perhaps before...but certainly since - the individual teams always had that opportunity. This was Goodell speaking only on behalf of one of the litigants: the league. The league's done with him.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Since the settlement at least...perhaps before...but certainly since - the individual teams always had that opportunity. This was Goodell speaking only on behalf of one of the litigants: the league. The league's done with him.

The league can't be "done with him". The league has nothing to do with him being hired or not.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:29 PM, packfanfb said:

Yup. But I'm assuming the Saints are a spot lower than us on the waiver wire, if so, I guarantee they'll claim him (if he lasts that long). Saints just lost Davenport so getting Suggs in Week 15 would be a dream. 

I agree.  I was thinking the Chiefs could use him as well.  I would think that the Vikings or Bears would put in a claim just to keep him away from the: Packers, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, should any of those teams want him.  He would probably help the Chiefs, and it would keep him away from the Patriots and Ravens as well.  We could use him, he offers at least as much as Fackrell, and more than Gary.  And if nothing else it keeps him from other contenders.  But we don't have a very good waiver priority.  

On 12/13/2019 at 3:29 PM, packfanfb said:

Yup. But I'm assuming the Saints are a spot lower than us on the waiver wire, if so, I guarantee they'll claim him (if he lasts that long). Saints just lost Davenport so getting Suggs in Week 15 would be a dream. 

I'd bring him in for that reason, I'd bring him in to mentor Gary, and I'd bring him in to bring some nasty to this defense.