NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I wouldn't feel sorry for those fans if they are going to approve of signing that dirt bag. 

IMO it would make NOLA the prohibitive favorite for the SB - and in a sense - Bree's reduced passing skills makes it a good offense to join on the fly like this in so much as it's mostly short stuff.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

If NO does sign Brown and it works out well, good for them.  Every team in the league had the same option.

If Brown signs in NO and can't control himself for the next 6 weeks, his career truly is over.

It would never happen, but I wouldnt mind GB taking a run at him to close out the year.

Z and the guys will keep him in line long enough to win the trophy :)

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Kind of interesting....

"For the Saints (or any other team that is entering the playoffs), the prospect of signing Brown now entails zero financial risk. If he’s placed on paid leave, the pay will be coming not from the team but from the league-wide playoff pool. So it gives the Saints dibs on Brown and forces the league to deal with a situation it would rather ignore.

The move also would give the Saints an incredibly viable alternative to Michael Thomas. Indeed, in final game ever with the Steelers, Brown caught 14 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns against the Saints in New Orleans.

The chances of Brown actually playing for the Saints in the postseason remain slim. The most significant development for now is that the Saints have broken ranks with the league, and the Saints may force the league to do something it surely preferred not to do"

/////////////////////////

It's (potential) win / win from NOLA's perspective and a good gamble IMO.
If the league shuts him down for 2019 - its on the league - the team's skirts are clean.
If the league doesnt shut him down...................................................................hello? Anybody wanna win a SB?

Edited by Leader

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I highly doubt Brown adds anything to a team if allowed to play this year. There's no way that guy is in football shape. Color me totally not concerned.

I'm pretty sure AB could roll out of bed after a 12-month nap in his cryochamber and be in game shape. Dude is a freak.

However, I agree it seems highly unlikely the league allows him to play this year.

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

However, I agree it seems highly unlikely the league allows him to play this year.

That's pretty much my take as well.  Without actually doing anything, the league has strongly implied that Brown would be blocked from playing because of their investigation.  To now allow him to sign with a playoff team would seem... odd.

Adam Schefter - Texans listing both QB Deshaun Watson (back) and WR DeAndre Hopkins (illness) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. Titans, but there's no reason for Houston to play either player Sunday.

The Eagles have ruled TE Zach Ertz out for Sunday vs. the Giants.

Steelers ruled out RB James Conner and C Maurkice Pouncey for Sunday’s game vs. the Ravens.

Panthers’ WR DJ Moore and LB Shaq Thompson both ruled out for Sunday’s game vs. the Saints.

Redskins’ HC Bill Callahan rules out WR Terry McLaurin and S Landon Collins for Sunday’s game vs. Cowboys.