NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Shocking.  I’m shocked.

Meanwhile, 7 of the top 10 in points against are in the playoffs.

Steelers are in if they win, too.  

Points per game the team gives up is all I care about.  March up and down the field but hold them to a field goal or less in the red zone ... golden.  That being said, I want the Packers to rush/blitz/pressure the crap out of Cousins tonight!!

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Panthers interviewed former Packers’ HC Mike McCarthy for their head-coaching job after their game against the Colts on Sunday, per league sources. Panthers declined comment on the coaching search.

McCaffrey’s 2020 stats:

699 yds rushing
300 yds receiving

• Like 2

Not sure there is enough talent in Carolina for McCarthy to turn that around. Newton would have to stay and that is a problem in and of itself. Dallas has the most talent but is completely dysfunctional. Washington has Daniel Snyder and Allen so that's a **** show. 

I'm thinking Cleveland would be the ideal spot for McCarthy but again, has baggage. Hope he makes Dom is DC too. 

• Like 1

Just now, green machine said:

Mike McCarthey interviewed with Carolina. Per ESPN.

I dont think he is a good fit unless the idea is to take a QB round 1. Allen doesnt seem like his type, I assume Cam is gone. Clev. is the place for Mac they should have hired him last year. 

Just now, Reaper said:

I dont think he is a good fit unless the idea is to take a QB round 1. Allen doesnt seem like his type, I assume Cam is gone. Clev. is the place for Mac they should have hired him last year. 

? MM could coach any of the CAR QBs.

Just now, Leader said:

? MM could coach any of the CAR QBs.

I think he could coach any of them I just think he can do better. If he has Cam he may be great again if Cam listens; I just think he will be gone and to be honest if I was Carolina I may try to trade him for a slew of picks if you can get that. it would expedite the mini rebuild. What I saw from Allen was a really smart player who lacks a bit in athleticism. 

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I don't have any sympathy either, especially for Dak who I'm sure does a ton of coin flips.

However I am having a hard time coming up with a reason as to why the team that defers would choose anything other than receive in the 2nd half. 

Torrential rains and wind that is going towards on goal post? Playing against an emergency QB? Playing your emergency QB? 

An argument definitely exists for the "defer" to be redundant. 

Weather forecast could be clear for kickoff but a storm was coming in.

Back in the early-mid 2000s when Mizzou would score 4324534 points in a game, we would take the ball first because we were going to score right away and our defense could play with a lead.  They wanted to set the tone.  

I still prefer getting the ball after the half so the other team can't double up scores.