NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

OK, I get what you say. But to be able to do it you would need pay Bakhtiari something like 8M (the guy who wore a t-shirt saying call my agent on his last interview) and King around 4M (and even then it would be really tight). I just think that it is wishful thinking, specially when they'd easily double that money on year 1 in a contract they'd get in FA.

If you really wanna keep them both you'd need to make 4-year deal and backload the **** out of the contract while guaranteeing a lot of money (and you cannot do that with a big SB). GB doesn't do that but if you'd somehow brainwash Russ Ball it'd be possible.

Cool.  And I get your points as well.  All valid.  The key to my theory, is that the player knowingly takes a lot less next year (while getting more this year).  But the handshake deal in place to reward him nicely when the cap goes up the year after.  And that handshake agreement will make the player "whole".  Almost like having two deals ready to go.  Here is the short term deal, and here's the one we give you when the cap returns to "normal".

Ironically, something like that may be looked at as being similar to your "backloaded" contract.

So we got that going for us...which is nice.

livememe.com - Bill Murray - So I Got That Going For Me, Which is Nice

Also, I told everyone there wasn't something quite right with Rosen's head.  Not physically, but he's got some sort of serious problem with rubbing people the wrong way.  That, or something more serious.  When was the last time a top 10 QB was traded for a second round pick and then cut in his first two seasons? 

Even Cade McNown lasted two years with the Bears. 
Ryan Leaf lasted two years with the Chargers.
Kilgore lasted 4 years.
Ware lasted 4 years.

The only other top 10 QB I can find who didn't last two seasons with the team that drafted him all the way back as far as 1980 was Schlichter, and he missed his second season due to a gambling suspension. 

And Rosen wasn't even the worst.  Far from it.

Out of all 69 top 10 QBs selected since 1980, Rosen ranked:

32nd in touchdown passes.
22nd in interceptions.
28th in yards.
32nd in completion percentage.

He was also the 6th most sacked. 

He's not devoid of talent.  There's got to be a different explanation.  I think he's socially retarded, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean it in a literal way. 

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I told everyone there wasn't something quite right with Rosen's head.  Not physically, but he's got some sort of serious problem with rubbing people the wrong way.  That, or something more serious.  When was the last time a top 10 QB was traded for a second round pick and then cut in his first two seasons? 

Even Cade McNown lasted two years with the Bears. 
Ryan Leaf lasted two years with the Chargers.
Kilgore lasted 4 years.
Ware lasted 4 years.

The only other top 10 QB I can find who didn't last two seasons with the team that drafted him all the way back as far as 1980 was Schlichter, and he missed his second season due to a gambling suspension. 

And Rosen wasn't even the worst.  Far from it.

Out of all 69 top 10 QBs selected since 1980, Rosen ranked:

32nd in touchdown passes.
22nd in interceptions.
28th in yards.
32nd in completion percentage.

He was also the 6th most sacked. 

He's not devoid of talent.  There's got to be a different explanation.  I think he's socially retarded, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean it in a literal way. 

What wrong with him is he keeps finding himself on teams that draft QBs in the first round...

Those guys become “their” guys and Rosen isn’t a journeyman QB vet with experience so why keep him.

Just now, Green19 said:

Seattle just released Paul Richardson... doesn’t fit the clear physical measurements GB seems to have for the position, but he is a “somewhat” name at the position.

The Seahawks signed him like two weeks ago and then cut him. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

You realize in Arizona it was a different coaching staff then the one that drafted him right?

Can you think of a single solitary precedent for a team firing their top 10 QB instead of getting a new coach to suit him?

It doesn't happen. 

Jets/Darnold - Hired Gase for Darnold.
Bears - Hired Nagy for Trubisky.
Browns - Hired Kitchens for Mayfield.
Browns - Hired Stefanski for Mayfield.

Every single precedent shows the NFL hires coaches specifically to groom their top 10 QB.  The Cardinals hired their coach to get rid of their QB.

Then the Dolphins traded a second round pick for him, then cut him.

All the physical tools are there.  This is the project every NFL team dreams of having on their roster.  It's not a talent/potential issue.