NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Uglem reported a while ago that a "competitive offer" was made, whatever the hell that means. 

Just too bad. The "win now" mentality inside me will always wonder what may have been had the Packers got him and E. Sanders this off-season and then drafted Queen to complete the middle of our defense. 

Yeah and Harrison sounded like all his information was old news, as he asked his agent not to tell him stuff over the last couple of months, as there is a reason he hasn't signed yet and until that reason is taken care of, he doesn't want to know current information, but also said that reason might be done soon.

I could be wrong, but honestly I think Sanders would be more cost than he's worth, in that I'm hopeful we got all targets stepping up and hopefully getting the run game going.

But I'm totally with you with Queen, I thought he was the perfect dime LB for the next decade, and to get him, we'd have to trade up in front of the Ravens to get him, then we wouldn't have to worry about coverage over the middle with Queen and out Safeties. And Queen went to the prefect system for him, with the Ravens, they want coverage guys and they got a great DL now, he'll shine.

I STILL don't understand Jordyn Brooks, over Patrick Queen. I get that Seahawks want physical LBers, and Brooks fits better that way, but you can find that later in the draft too... that drops further, where elite coverage LB is not.

Ian Rapoport -   More early season accounting: The Cowboys restructured G Zack Martin’s contract to free up $8M in cap space, source said, and push money into the future.

Mike Garafolo -   Eagles QB Nate Sudfeld had $300k converted from his base salary into incentives. In exchange, he got full guarantees on the base salary ($1.11 million).

9 hours ago, Beast said:

But I'm totally with you with Queen, I thought he was the perfect dime LB for the next decade, and to get him, we'd have to trade up in front of the Ravens to get him, then we wouldn't have to worry about coverage over the middle with Queen and out Safeties. And Queen went to the prefect system for him, with the Ravens, they want coverage guys and they got a great DL now, he'll shine.

I STILL don't understand Jordyn Brooks, over Patrick Queen. I get that Seahawks want physical LBers, and Brooks fits better that way, but you can find that later in the draft too... that drops further, where elite coverage LB is not.

What if I told you, we have a similar athlete already on the team, but he is a little bit bigger?  

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=30247

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27039

We just have to keep him healthy and get him to football good.

Adam Schefter -   After meetings and workshops w/ players and civic leaders, Broncos announcing Inspire Change social justice plan for Education, Awareness & Funding, Diversity & Inclusion and Activism. John Elway kicks off funding with personal $100,000 donation to player-designated police reform.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What if I told you, we have a similar athlete already on the team, but he is a little bit bigger?  

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=30247

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27039

We just have to keep him healthy and get him to football good.

I hope Burks can put it together. His college tape was scary bad.

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   After meetings and workshops w/ players and civic leaders, Broncos announcing Inspire Change social justice plan for Education, Awareness & Funding, Diversity & Inclusion and Activism. John Elway kicks off funding with personal $100,000 donation to player-designated police reform.

Why would you post this? This can only go in one direction.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would you post this? This can only go in one direction.

? It's the definition of NFL News & Notes. It expresses no political opinion. None. Its no different than if the Broncos (or the NFL) declared they were supporting Breast Cancer Awareness or the Susan G Komen Foundation. Thats why I posted it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

? It's the definition of NFL News & Notes. It expresses no political opinion. None. Its no different than if the Broncos (or the NFL) declared they were supporting Breast Cancer Awareness or the Susan G Komen Foundation. Thats why I posted it.

You're seriously going to play the ignorance card, AGAIN? 

What discussion was that supposed to start? The only place this can go is into a discussion of the merits of the cause.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I hope Burks can put it together. His college tape was scary bad.

Odds are that he can't.  But we have the athlete.  The last time we took an ILB with a first round pick, everyone that complains about ILB play wanted him run out of town.  His name was KM Eagle or something like that.

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Odds are that he can't.  But we have the athlete.  The last time we took an ILB with a first round pick, everyone that complains about ILB play wanted him run out of town.  His name was KM Eagle or something like that.

They wanted to run him out of town because he didn't fit Dom's scheme(which doesn't take much) and then his play got to be horrific...

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I do think there's a chance with Burks.  He's more than willing to throw his body into the line, that's a necessity to success in the NFL and one that's not always there with the athlete types at ILB.  He just hasn't really ever had the chance to learn to read the play from ILB; he played LB for two years in college and that was on a garbage Vandy team that was usually just straight out-classed by their opponent.  Then he spent most of his first two years in the NFL injured.  He's a long way off from being an NFL ILB in terms of instincts and eyes, but the rest of the kit is there.  Just need to hope he's a fast learner when he's actually on the field.

53 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I do think there's a chance with Burks.  He's more than willing to throw his body into the line, that's a necessity to success in the NFL and one that's not always there with the athlete types at ILB.  He just hasn't really ever had the chance to learn to read the play from ILB; he played LB for two years in college and that was on a garbage Vandy team that was usually just straight out-classed by their opponent.  Then he spent most of his first two years in the NFL injured.  He's a long way off from being an NFL ILB in terms of instincts and eyes, but the rest of the kit is there.  Just need to hope he's a fast learner when he's actually on the field.

Bob you and others likely have watched some tape on him. With Martin on the mend what are your thoughts on if Burks can at least cover a TE? If we can get something put of him great. With that said not like we run allot of 2 ilb anyway.

Von Miller with potential season-ending injury.

An MRI on the Broncos star linebacker revealed a dislocated peroneal tendon, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. In layman's terms, Miller's tendon flipped over the ankle bone. Rapoport added the best option for such an injury is usually surgery, with a general recovery time of 5-6 months; a best-case scenario is three months.