(Poll) Predict the QB John Dorsey Wants at Number 1

Mind Character

(Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?

1 minute ago, HH650 said:

A related question which affects choices. 

How many years away from being competitive for post season play is this 2018 team?

Foundation is pretty good with the trenches. Get good QB play and good coaching and it could be immediate. All teams have flaws and we will have ours but they aren't the flaws that can't be overcome with a good QB and a coach. We should be able to run and stop the run and that's half the battle. Just gotta fix the other half.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey will draft Baker Mayfield number 1 overall. Book it. I'd put a lot of money on it.

Dorsey confirmed today that the 6 games he saw of Baker this year were all watching him LIVE. That's a lot of times to see a player LIVE.

He didn't see Josh Allen play LIVE this year.

It's Darnold or Mayfield at 1....Dorsey's going Mayfield at 1.

No insight as to how many times Dorsey watched Darnold LIVE this year, but I have this sneaking suspicion Dorsey's going to blow the roof off the draft with Baker at 1.

FGk and Tayne will be elated.

I'm already throwing up at the prospects of passing on Darnold.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll hold your hair ladies.

I’ll be sobbing and double fisting Ben and Jerry’s and liquor, but I’m with you.

Admittedly, if he develops his mental game and makes his lower body mechanics, we could end up being really pissed.

This is a scary year to be taking a QB. Not because there's no one worth it, but because there are so many worth it! I could legitimately see five of these guys becoming top 8 QBs some day. Now, not all of them will, and since there is no consensus #1, we're gonna end up looking even stupider than normal if we take QB X and QB Y goes #2 and blows up, even is QB X is decent.

But I'd be super stoked about Rosen/Mayfield. Happy about Darnold or Jackson. Pissed as heeeeeeck about Allen (even though he's one of the five I could see becoming a top 8 QB, I just think he has like a 5% chance compared to like 30-60% for the others).

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Admittedly, if he develops his mental game and makes his lower body mechanics, we could end up being really pissed.

This is a scary year to be taking a QB. Not because there's no one worth it, but because there are so many worth it! I could legitimately see five of these guys becoming top 8 QBs some day. Now, not all of them will, and since there is no consensus #1, we're gonna end up looking even stupider than normal if we take QB X and QB Y goes #2 and blows up, even is QB X is decent.

But I'd be super stoked about Rosen/Mayfield. Happy about Darnold or Jackson. Pissed as heeeeeeck about Allen (even though he's one of the five I could see becoming a top 8 QB, I just think he has like a 5% chance compared to like 30-60% for the others).

I PREFER Darnold.  When I watch him he just “looks like a franchise qb”. Scientific, I know.

I won’t be mad at all about Rosen if he’s on board with playing here.

I won’t be mad at Baker, as long as they understand his personality and are CERTAIN we aren’t getting a party boy.  His height doesn’t bother me that much, I think enough guys have shown that being 6’ is tall enough if you have the proper skill set, which I think Baker does.

Jackson and Allen are a hard pass in the top 5 for me. Allen simply doesn’t have the tape to compare with the rest of these guys. Jackson has the tape, but I don’t like his game.  Skinny, dual threat QB’s get eaten up in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I PREFER Darnold.  When I watch him he just “looks like a franchise qb”. Scientific, I know.

I won’t be mad at all about Rosen if he’s on board with playing here.

I won’t be mad at Baker, as long as they understand his personality and are CERTAIN we aren’t getting a party boy.  His height doesn’t bother me that much, I think enough guys have shown that being 6’ is tall enough if you have the proper skill set, which I think Baker does.

Jackson and Allen are a hard pass in the top 5 for me. Allen simply doesn’t have the tape to compare with the rest of these guys. Jackson has the tape, but I don’t like his game.  Skinny, dual threat QB’s get eaten up in the NFL. 

I agree 100% with everything you said here

On 1/19/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mind Character said:

John Dorsey will draft Baker Mayfield number 1 overall. Book it. I'd put a lot of money on it.

-------------------------------------------------

As with last year with my daily "Davis Webb" is trash reminder, I'm just here again to remind everyone that John Dorsey is selecting Baker Mayfield number 1 overall.

That is all.

Archived