Defense - Raising the Barr

vike daddy

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

Now we'll see if his comment has the same effect on Kalil as it did on Greg Robinson.  

Wasn't that a minimal effect, if I'm remembering correctly?

Also, I think Griffen was always more of a talker. You don't see Zimmer's frankness in more soft spoken players on this team.

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You don't see Zimmer's frankness in more soft spoken players on this team.

i can't find the source now, but earlier today i read an interview of Keenum where he was asked how he's been avoiding sacks so well from defensive rushers.

he said something like, "Don't be where they are."

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i can't find the source now, but earlier today i read an interview of Keenum where he was asked how he's been avoiding sacks so well from defensive rushers.

Ha! Maybe I'm wrong.

and what I was getting too wasn't about a confidence issue or anything. I believe this team is very confident in themselves right now. It's just I haven't seen anything be it on this site, twitter, facebook or whatever where the quiet guys suddenly have a change of demeanor. that's all.

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Reminds me of "Hit 'em where they ain't"...the greatest phrase ever uttered in baseball history, by Wee Willie Keeler.  

As the Vikings get set to face the Carolina Panthers on the road, Ron Rivera – a defensive coach himself – said he’s impressed by the growth of Zimmer’s defense.

Rivera: “I will say this: In the last couple of years, you’ve noticed that they’ve gotten progressively better. They’re very consistent. They are a very aggressive, attacking defense. But the hallmark will be if they win their division, win in the playoffs and get themselves to the Super Bowl, I think people will talk about them in the same breath as a the really great defenses. I love the personnel, I think they’ve done a really nice job, I think Rick Spielman’s done a great job with the personnel. I think what Coach Zimmer has done in terms of developing it, getting to understand and have a feel for what they do. It all starts, I think, with what the secondary does. They are up there, they are physical with receivers, they don’t give them clean releases, that gives the pass rush an opportunity to get going vertical.”

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/12/ron-rivera-vikings-defense-keeps-getting-better/

Archived