Senior Bowl Week Observations

Broncofan

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I realize the scrimmages are more important for evaluation than the game and it’s just an exhibition but it’s typical that a Vance Joseph squad apparently looks great in practice but gets blown out on game day. 

Don't know a lot about college football - but the two squads looked evenly matched and the North had the more hyped QBs. As always with a VJ team - it looked like they were not prepared to play the game.

That is a concern because if he keeps doing what he did last year then the Broncos will lose a lot of games again in 2018.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Don't know a lot about college football - but the two squads looked evenly matched and the North had the more hyped QBs. As always with a VJ team - it looked like they were not prepared to play the game.

That is a concern because if he keeps doing what he did last year then the Broncos will lose a lot of games again in 2018.

I don't mind losing games as long as we show flashes of talent.  It would be nice if we had a 7 and 9 record but showed some talent. This is a 2 year rebuild regardless of who the qb is.

33 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Wasn’t able to watch.  Just read about some.  Sounds like Allen did a lot to answer some questions.  Haven’t seen highlights either, did he legitimately look good or were guys wide open?

Anyone else stick out to you guys?

I hate Allen but his ball placement on many throws was great. He has to learn how to control his arm strength and use touch. He is like a baby rattle snake. Full of venom that can't control the venom amount released. So every throw/bite has a lot of juice with it. 

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I hate Allen but his ball placement on many throws was great. He has to learn how to control his arm strength and use touch. He is like a baby rattle snake. Full of venom that can't control the venom amount released. So every throw/bite has a lot of juice with it. 

Kaepernick had the same issue. Not ideal, but you can work with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Kaepernick had a lot more issues then that. I never saw a qb answer the bell like Allen did this board got quiet.

It’s not like he shut up his critics. People are still concerned about his ability to consistently throw for accuracy. His bowl game and the senior bowl helped him but his overall body work suggest he’s going to be inconsistent when throwing for accuracy.