Super Bowl 52 GDT: New England Evil Empires vs Philadelphia Destiny

2 hours ago, 808 said:

There’s an Eagles bar in Santa Monica, went there the night before the Rams game. It’s cool, but a kinda small narrow place. Was packed that night, might be the same for the SB. 

Yeah, that's Britannia's Pub and it being small gave me some pause.

There are other Eagles friendly bars though like Greyhound which is between downtown and Pasadena.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Shoot.. why don't some of us link up? @808 @Jeezla

Not sure if there is anyone else who is from out here.

I see you not responding to this post though.... 

original.gif

We could go to the game earlier in the day to see future Laker Paul George and then hit a ramen spot before heading to the bar to catch the game.

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I wonder if there's an Eagle bar down there though. 

I tried searching the map on this Reddit thread, but there is only one place listed in New Orleans.

Liberty Cheesesteaks

5041 Freret Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70115

Description: Cheesesteak place with a beer bar. Tons of TVs. Brand new location and good people to watch the game with, including the owner who is from Philadelphia.

Might just be better off just going to a regular bar in the French Quarter.

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I really dont get the whole oh the pats will come back in the second half thing. has any team out played us the second half this year? I don't think so. 

Yeah, people don't realize how good of a 2nd half team we are.

Eagles rank 3rd in points scored in the second  half.... Patriots rank 10th.

Eagles rank 1st in time of possession in the second half.... Patriots rank 10th.

Patriots rank 2nd in points allowed in the second half... Eagles not too far behind coming in at 7th.

Just checked the Vikings forum and......

On 1/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, Heimdallr said:

I hate the team, the city and the fans. Do not want to see Philadelphia win. 

On 1/22/2018 at 6:26 AM, disaacs said:

I also would rather have the Pats win because the Philly fans that were throwing beer cans at the Vikings' bus don't deserve to celebrate a SB title.  

On 1/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, vike daddy said:

see? now you have to support him and the Pats.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, upriser7 said:

yep...Let's go Pats. I would rather see Pats win 6th SB than a team winning SB for the first time

tenor.gif

Don't be too salty at Vikings' fans. Look at it from their point of view. They, like us, have gone through years of falling short and this was their year to not only win the Super Bowl but be the first team ever to win it in front of their home fans in their own stadium. It was going to happen. It was a foregone conclusion. They were already discussing who they'd rather play in the big game. The Eagles had no chance because Carson Wentz went down. That NFC Championship was already won in their mind. Then they came into Philadelphia and the Eagles not only beat them, but they took their soul. They demolished everything they hung their hat on as a team. Then they get to watch the team who took their soul come back into their stadium and play the game that they were supposed to be in. That's brutal. I'm sure we'd have the same reaction if the tables were turned.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Don't be too salty at Vikings' fans. Look at it from their point of view. They, like us, have gone through years of falling short and this was their year to not only win the Super Bowl but be the first team ever to win it in front of their home fans in their own stadium. It was going to happen. It was a foregone conclusion. They were already discussing who they'd rather play in the big game. The Eagles had no chance because Carson Wentz went down. That NFC Championship was already won in their mind. Then they came into Philadelphia and the Eagles not only beat them, but they took their soul. They demolished everything they hung their hat on as a team. Then they get to watch the team who took their soul come back into their stadium and play the game that they were supposed to be in. That's brutal. I'm sure we'd have the same reaction if the tables were turned.

I get it, but I can’t see us getting all that much salty...we’d turn that more to the team probably. Just a forum personality thing.

i do wonder if this is the beginning of a small rivalry though with a team we never really had a beef with.

first of all, i'm not sure why your mods allow and even encourage a discussion about fans and forum members, instead of football.

second, i've been a Patriots fan since Parcells coached the team, it has nothing to do with Philly at all. and my comment showed up in your list here because i re-posted an article about Brady spending his summers as a kid on his grandparents' family farm in Minnesota, where his mother was born.

third, no team or its fanbase is going to get love from Vikings fans when they march with a banner saying a 99 year old Viking fan lady should be f**ked.

sorry guys, i very much recognize not all Philly fans stoop to such low levels, but that any do is always going to get a negative reaction.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I see you not responding to this post though.... 

original.gif

Lmao. Where do you stay? I’m out in Walnut bro, we’re planning a SB party out here. Got a 1-year old boy to take care of in the process. my days of going out are limited to special occasions I plan months in advance, that I need a permission slip for. I was lucky to get out to Britannia’s and the game in December in consecutive days. 

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

first of all, i'm not sure why your mods allow and even encourage a discussion about fans and forum members, instead of football.

second, i've been a Patriots fan since Parcells coached the team, it has nothing to do with Philly at all. and my comment showed up in your list here because i re-posted an article about Brady spending his summers as a kid on his grandparents' family farm in Minnesota, where his mother was born.

third, no team or its fanbase is going to get love from Vikings fans when they march with a banner saying a 99 year old Viking fan lady should be f**ked.

sorry guys, i very much recognize not all Philly fans stoop to such low levels, but that any do is always going to get a negative reaction.

Loosen up, will ya. 

I think most of us are just wondering why you guys are vehemently against the Eagles and all your displaced anger is flowing towards the few drunk escapades of a very fired up south philly people rather than to your team (2nd team? I dunno. You're a Pats fan too? Huh?) that got smoked. Seems like your attention is focused on Eagle fans and not your actual team who should be held accountable for letting you guys down in a laughable game. 

If you guys won, there would be three posts about the fans outbursts in Philly that day. And personally, if it was reversed I'd be livid with my team and couldn't care less about Viking fans and how they perform in the Super Bowl. Viking fans are just coming off extremely petty. You wound think, like us, you'd be used to it. 

Archived