What was the first Super Bowl you watched?

everlong

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Packers v Patriots

I remember a bunch if my stepdad's buddies coming over, all hyped up and laughing.....and then everyone being pissed and quiet shortly after the game started. 

Didn't understand exactly why at the time.......now I do. 

When I was a kid, I thought Bledsoe's first name was Goddammit because my dad always screamed "GODDAMMIT BLEDSOE!!!" after every pick.

Super Bowl XX when I was 11 years old.  It was the second NFL football game I ever watched.

The first game I ever watched was the AFC Championship Game vs. the Dolphins just 14 days earlier.  I was at my aunt's house and my cousins were watching the Pats beat the Fish in the Orange Bowl for the first time since 1966!  I got sucked in and have been a Patriots fan through all the ups and downs ever since!

XXXVI  when I was like 10. I probably did watch watch the Patriots vs Packers live as well, but I hardly remember much about it besides making fun of my uncle when the Patriots were losing. 

I've watched pretty much every one at one point or another (the Redskins one's are kinda my gap spot for some reason)

1 minute ago, Ardamis said:

SB 3.  Seriously.

Whyyyy, that's NOTHIN', young fella me lad! I'm a lot oldah than any of you youngsters; the fuhst one evah watched was the Nine-teen Thutty-Four Championship Game; the Chicago Bears vs. the New York Giants; back when Men were MEN! The Sneaker Game! Ken Strong! Bronko Nagurski! Mel Hein! Pudge Heffelfinger! 

Back then, we played without face-guards; we played in leather helmets; and we didn't mind a little weather! Snow and ice, it was; December 9th, 1934- I'll ne'er forget. Rain! Snow! Ice! Field like a skatin' rink; the Giants, they was a-losin'; at half-time, Stout Steve Owen, their coach, sent Sammy "the Schlemiel" Cohen down to City College (trolley car, mind you!); there, Father Stentorian give 'um fahty pairs of sneakers, fer th' footin', see? WELL! Th' Giants, they come back and scored fifty-sixty points (hard to remembah, Ha! Ha!) in th' second half alone, t' win the game! Don't think too-too much of all this kneelin' and celebratin' and boogie dancin' nowadays; I remembah when it was FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Image result for 1934 NFL Championship Game 

11 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

SB XIII - Steelers vs. Cowboys.  Was already a Steelers fan by then and watched it with my buddy who was a Cowboys fan.  

1979-0121-Super-Bowl-XIII-Rocky-Bleier-D

The only thing I remember of this game is at the end when the Steelers won my  mom was throwing kleenex at my dad teasing him because his Cowboys lost. She wanted me to do it but I thought that was mean. lol

The following Super Bowl with the Steelers vs. the Rams was the one that I can I remember most of. I watched it at my grandmas. The TD pass from Bradshaw to Stallworth was a thing of beauty. Great throw and over-the-shoulder catch.

ace9ecddf8555b0d7d2b22e418d87045.jpg

Superbowl 25, Bills vs Giants.

Not only the first Superbowl I watched, but the first full game I watched AND the game that started to get me into football.

My mom tried to get me into watching football when I was very young, but I never liked it.   I enjoyed baseball, but football didnt grab me right away.

Uncle was babysitting me, and I remember he had the game on, and I wasnt happy, but there was not much I could do.     I watched it, and was very bored at first, but the more I watched, the more I got into the game and by the end, I was excited to see more going forward.

It took me a couple more years before I began watching football every Sunday,, but I did watch all 4 of the Bills Superbowl losses and cheered for them big time vs the Cowboys.   So, honestly, my first favorite team was the Buffalo Bills.    But, Buffalo games werent on much where I lived....Steeler games were on every week though.   And my entire family is Steeler fans.  Over time, the Bills faded away and the Steelers became a huge part of my life.

But yeah....it all started with Superbowl 25.  

Archived