What was the first Super Bowl you watched?

everlong

Super Bowl XXXI (Pats vs Packers) was the first game I ever saw. I honestly didn’t know what I was looking at. Lol It has been an honor and a privilege to be able to have seen our hometown team play in 9 Super Bowls. It’s kind of mind boggling when you think about it since there are teams just trying to get to the playoffs.

17 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

Born in 1965. SB 10 or 11 was about the time I started paying attention. I'm pretty sure my first electric football set was Dallas v Pittsburgh. ..or that was my second after I got one with Packers Chiefs..?

I had that Dallas and Pittsburgh electric football set.  I feel old.  My first SB to watch was IX Steelers vs Vikings.

8 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

The only thing I remember of this game is at the end when the Steelers won my  mom was throwing kleenex at my dad teasing him because his Cowboys lost. She wanted me to do it but I thought that was mean. lol

The following Super Bowl with the Steelers vs. the Rams was the one that I can I remember most of. I watched it at my grandmas. The TD pass from Bradshaw to Stallworth was a thing of beauty. Great throw and over-the-shoulder catch.

ace9ecddf8555b0d7d2b22e418d87045.jpg

Your dad was a Cowboys fan?  *shudders*  :)   Bradshaw to Stallworth was a thing of beauty.  My first two Super Bowls , the Steelers won.  I figured they won every year.  It was a loooooong wait for the next one.  lol

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The first one I have clear memories of is 1996 (GB vs NE). 

The kickoff return touchdown was a great moment

Same for me.  I was 7 years old, surrounded by Packer fans and was the only person in the building cheering for New England.  Was mercilessly teased by my uncle when the Packers won.  Made it so sweet when Denver won the next year, felt vindicated

21 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Super Bowl XXIX, 49ers vs Chargers. I rooted for San Diego since they were the underdogs and nobody was showing them much respect, but Steve Young and the Niners won handily. I was sad. ^_^

I watched parts of the Redskins SB win in 92, but the first one I vividly remember is this one in 95.

Archived