Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

So Cole Hikutini .. if he stays on the PS for 17 weeks gets $20,000 x17 = $340,000

Simple math? ... I'm just interested in what the practice squad players could be getting

Players on the practice squad can earn a minimum of $7,600 per week in 2018. Teams are allowed to pay a player a higher salary than the minimum, and this often happens if another team comes sniffing around a player. All practice squad salaries are counted under the team's salary cap.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/1/17809438/2018-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-49ers-roster-cuts

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Still would be in favor of adding Grasu. But with Isidora’s potential to fill in at center, along with Jones’ position flexibility, I doubt it happens. Unless Grasu is believed to be able to play guard, as well. 

Somewhat intrigued by Perriman. I like Grasu for this team as well.

2 hours ago, Krauser said:

Grasu was very bad last year, according to PFF. Had 2 separate games graded at 0.0 in pass blocking. 

Johnson and Witzmann aren’t great but might be about upgrades from Isidora or Collins and about as good as Compton. 

I would love to see Witzmann signed! Only because I know him and I’m great friends with his sister ? the guy is a big, quiet nice guy and is extremely hard working. He has been clawing his way up since he first entered the league!

• Like 2

Zimmer said he doesn’t even think about retiring. Not even if the Vikings won the Super Bowl because, “Then I got to get two.”

“Actually,” he said, “I’ll probably do this until they kick me out; ’til nobody wants me anymore. I don’t know. The players, they come and mess with me all the time. So I’m still having a lot of fun doing this.”

According to Zimmer, Sparano’s death prompted owners Zygi and Mark Wilf to set up annual executive physicals for the coaching staff beginning next offseason.

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-opens-up-about-health-retirement-eagles-tony-sparano-quarterbacks-and-what-keeps-him-going/492778961/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, vike daddy said:

According to Zimmer, Sparano’s death prompted owners Zygi and Mark Wilf to set up annual executive physicals for the coaching staff beginning next offseason.

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-opens-up-about-health-retirement-eagles-tony-sparano-quarterbacks-and-what-keeps-him-going/492778961/

That's awesome news, hopefully that takes off league-wide. Glad to hear Zim is still having fun and enjoying coaching/teaching.

• Like 2