Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

If the plan is to have Jones at center, then I think the smart play would be to leave Elflein on PUP, and Edison stays as the backup until Elflein comes back. 

Is it worth putting Elflein on the PUP if he's only going to miss a game or two? Why shelf him for six weeks?

• Like 2

Just now, RpMc said:

Is it worth putting Elflein on the PUP if he's only going to miss a game or two? Why shelf him for six weeks?

To let him ease back into the offense. Elflein hasn’t done any football work yet with this offense. 

Just because he may be physically ready to resume practice doesn’t mean he’s physically or mentally ready to jump back into the starting spot. 

From what Zimmer has said, he doesn't expect Elflein to go on PUP to start the season, but he also seemed to indicate they don't expect him for week one.  Shelving him for six weeks, barring him having suffered some kind of set back, is not a good idea. He doesn't need four or five weeks to get to a spot where he's physically or mentally ready.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

From what Zimmer has said, he doesn't expect Elflein to go on PUP to start the season, but he also seemed to indicate they don't expect him for week one.  Shelving him for six weeks, barring him having suffered some kind of set back, is not a good idea. He doesn't need four or five weeks to get to a spot where he's physically or mentally ready.

When Zimmer utters the phrase “I don’t think”, it’s usually a good sign that it’s actually going to happen. 

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

To let him ease back into the offense. Elflein hasn’t done any football work yet with this offense. 

Just because he may be physically ready to resume practice doesn’t mean he’s physically or mentally ready to jump back into the starting spot. 

He can't practice with the team until the 6 weeks are up though can he? Seems like it'd be good having him practice with the team asap 

I feel like this was a move made because Elfelin may not be ready and because Jones can play LG. Edison, from everything i’ve read and seen, has done okay, and in general better than Compton. I wouldn’t be surprised if Edison is kept and starts, assuming Elflein isn’t ready, and Jones starts at LG. Then when Elflein is ready, Edison is cut. I think LG Compton, C Jones is not as good as LG Jones, C Edison.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Not a good idea. Edison is completely overmatched and is a center only. Compton has at least some versatility/value, but I agree he shouldn't be a starter.

Honestly my idea line to start the year assuming that Elflein can't go is:

Reiff - Remmers - Jones - Isidora - O'Neill

Would be totally fine with this. Just depends on how they feel about Isidora and O'Neill as starters. They may not be comfortable moving Remmers to the left side because of it.

I think you move Jones to G and find out if he is a part of the future. They still have two years left to develop Isadora, and he’d be strong depth. Maybe Isadora becomes a starter next year. I think they can move on from Remmers after this season.

15 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think you move Jones to G and find out if he is a part of the future. They still have two years left to develop Isadora, and he’d be strong depth. Maybe Isadora becomes a starter next year. I think they can move on from Remmers after this season.

I don’t know how much you really want to keep moving players around. Only reason I bring that up.