Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I love this defense. A bunch of guys that should probably be pro bowl starters that are consistently underrated. Harrison Smith is the perfect example. There’s no way that there are 45 players in the NFL better than Harrison Smith. No way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I love this defense. A bunch of guys that should probably be pro bowl starters that are consistently underrated. Harrison Smith is the perfect example. There’s no way that there are 45 players in the NFL better than Harrison Smith. No way.

So far, we've got 46 (Smith), 55 (Rhodes), 83 (Joseph). 
Last year, we had 66 (Rhodes), 74 (Smith), 92 (Griffen).

Too bad Ev got hurt. Would've been cool to have a fourth defender. Regardless, to have three defenders improve their ranking by over 10 slots is impressive.

as long as two other guys reported it, i might as well too... 

Mychal Kendricks likely would have preferred to stay in Philadelphia, but his release could give him a chance to play with his brother. Kendricks is visiting Minnesota today, Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune reports.

would we want him? who would he bump down the roster?

We desperately need LB depth. We’ve only got 3 linebackers with any type of playing experience on the roster. And while we aren’t a defense heavily reliant on linebackers, there’s no reliable backup for insurance should one of the two primary starters go down.

If he signs, I’d expect him and Gedeon split WLB duties based on the situation. 

Edited by SemperFeist

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We really need LB depth.

If he signs, I’d expect him and Gedeon split WLB duties based on the situation. 

There isn't much to split: Gedeon only played 244 snaps last year. And he was pretty good too. 

Adding Mychal Kendricks only makes sense if they want to rotate him in sometimes in nickel (resting Barr or EK), or else if they want to move Barr and have MK take over as the full time SLB. 

5 minutes ago, Krauser said:

There isn't much to split: Gedeon only played 244 snaps last year. And he was pretty good too. 

Adding Mychal Kendricks only makes sense if they want to rotate him in sometimes in nickel (resting Barr or EK), or else if they want to move Barr and have MK take over as the full time SLB. 

Gedeon is fine, but I don't think he's ideal as the third LB. I like him better as 4th, leading the ST unit.

• Like 3