The tWo Hangout

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Made the switch to an iPhone a couple days ago. Gotta say, digging it more than Android so far.

That's funny.  Not iPhone being nicer than Android.  But i find switching to new things, i always hate it at first.  Heck...even just every time a major new iOS or whatever comes out, i end up finding half a dozen little changes that annoy me.  Until i eventually just get used to the inconvenience or weirdness, or get pushed to find a completely different workaround.

There are good changes.  And then there are changes that feel arbitrary.  Like change for changes sake, to things that were already working just fine, or things that get removed for no apparent reason.

I guess moving to iPhone probably falls overwhelmingly under the category of "good changes" though.  Any time i've fiddled around with an Android phone, it's seemed mostly obtuse and unpleasant.  And less aesthetically polished.  But i'm not sure how much of that is just...my deep personal aversion to changes like that once i've gotten really used to something functional.  lol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

That's funny.  Not iPhone being nicer than Android.  But i find switching to new things, i always hate it at first.  Heck...even just every time a major new iOS or whatever comes out, i end up finding half a dozen little changes that annoy me.  Until i eventually just get used to the inconvenience or weirdness, or get pushed to find a completely different workaround.

There are good changes.  And then there are changes that feel arbitrary.  Like change for changes sake, to things that were already working just fine, or things that get removed for no apparent reason.

I guess moving to iPhone probably falls overwhelmingly under the category of "good changes" though.  Any time i've fiddled around with an Android phone, it's seemed mostly obtuse and unpleasant.  And less aesthetically polished.  But i'm not sure how much of that is just...my deep personal aversion to changes like that once i've gotten really used to something functional.  lol.

Yeah idk, just feels a lot smoother overall. The battery life on the 12 is also so much better than any Android I’ve ever had. Whether it was Samsung or Google I’d often be charging at least 2x a day, sometimes 3. A full charge on this lasts me around 20 hours (overnight included obviously).

I wasn’t planning a move but Verizon had a good trade in deal and my Pixel 4’s battery was just god awful. Was about time for an upgrade anyway.

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah idk, just feels a lot smoother overall. The battery life on the 12 is also so much better than any Android I’ve ever had. Whether it was Samsung or Google I’d often be charging at least 2x a day, sometimes 3. A full charge on this lasts me around 20 hours (overnight included obviously).

I wasn’t planning a move but Verizon had a good trade in deal and my Pixel 4’s battery was just god awful. Was about time for an upgrade anyway.

I just got a text message from Verizon that I'm eligible to get a new phone for an extra $5/month.  They are offering me another Android, but I've been considering going with an iPhone for the first time too.  I'd like to get one with a better camera than the one I'm using now.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just got a text message from Verizon that I'm eligible to get a new phone for an extra $5/month.  They are offering me another Android, but I've been considering going with an iPhone for the first time too.  I'd like to get one with a better camera than the one I'm using now.

Think all cameras are fairly similar now (especially from Apple/Google/Samsung).

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Made the switch to an iPhone a couple days ago. Gotta say, digging it more than Android so far.

Welcome to the club. I’ve used high end androids for work, and the lack of polish has always turned me off.

And the privacy issues. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I’m with you here. Recently made the switch from a 7 to the XR and for the first week or so I felt like “old man yelling at cloud” about various changes that had been made lol. I missed the home button, thought the phone was too big, the iOS was 2fancy4me, etc

i have since come around. Phone is still kinda big for my liking but I have adjusted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone wanna do a Jag fan only Fantasy football league? Just a redraft nothing fancy. We did it ages ago

We can draft on FF

I can set up and run one if people are interested. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:04 AM, JiffyJag said:

I’m with you here. Recently made the switch from a 7 to the XR and for the first week or so I felt like “old man yelling at cloud” about various changes that had been made lol. I missed the home button, thought the phone was too big, the iOS was 2fancy4me, etc

i have since come around. Phone is still kinda big for my liking but I have adjusted. 

Yeah.  Definitely a very "old man yells at cloud" feeling, when i switched to a phone without a home button.  But that's been one of those changes i've very much come around on.  Couldn't go back now, for all the potential screen space it eats up.  Especially since the new "buttons" aren't even actually buttons.  Just seem kind of pointless.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:10 PM, .Buzz said:

Cripes.  Charging 2-3x a day.  That's either unacceptably poor battery life...or you're like, an absolute maniac glued to your phone doing things nonstop.  Or both.

Though i guess knowing how plugged in and on top of all the various Jaguars news and information you are...lol...a healthy dose of the latter is probably a factor.  😆

19 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Definitely a very "old man yells at cloud" feeling, when i switched to a phone without a home button.  But that's been one of those changes i've very much come around on.  Couldn't go back now, for all the potential screen space it eats up.  Especially since the new "buttons" aren't even actually buttons.  Just seem kind of pointless.

Cripes.  Charging 2-3x a day.  That's either unacceptably poor battery life...or you're like, an absolute maniac glued to your phone doing things nonstop.  Or both.

Though i guess knowing how plugged in and on top of all the various Jaguars news and information you are...lol...a healthy dose of the latter is probably a factor.  😆

I mean I’m on my phone a decent bit but that’s largely due to my job too. As I said, a full charge on this lasts me through the day and sometimes into the next a ways. So I don’t think it’s my screen time and rather the battery life just being awful on the androids I have had.

Tickets in Houston are shockingly much cheaper than I expected them to be. Still waiting for when it's completely obvious that Trevor will start before I buy tickets, but I've already set aside the money I'll need for the trip.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Tickets in Houston are shockingly much cheaper than I expected them to be. Still waiting for when it's completely obvious that Trevor will start before I buy tickets, but I've already set aside the money I'll need for the trip.

Idk I say buy them now, if they dont start Trevor you can punch Urban Meyer in the face?

47 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk I say buy them now, if they dont start Trevor you can punch Urban Meyer in the face?

Nah, I'll wait. Because who knows if he'll have another hamstring issue or something else happen. And I really do not want to drive 6 hours each way to watch Minshew, and I know I won't be able to stub hub those tickets because nobody is buying Texans tickets.