D82's Post-SB 2018 Mock w/ Trades & Free Agency **UPDATED**

D82

21 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I thought Mills was a pretty decent player?

He is solid in the run game, and sometimes down right dominant. But in the pass game he is really bad. 

I wouldn't hate if he was starting this season again at Tackle, but with how you had the draft and FA playout I'd prefer to grab Brown there and have Mayfield confident in his right side.

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Goddamn it...yes... ¬¬

May the Falcons have Mcglinchy please :D   I have him as a top 20 player and the 2nd best OG talent in this draft to Nelson since he won't have to see speed rushers at OG his 1 weakness lol.  Also provides us insurance if Jake Matthews wants to much money and leaves for FA we can slot in Mike and keep on trucking and then get a OG at that time.

Two things. 

1. Nobody was drafted at no. 250.

2. This is insane for the Patriots. A wideout, specifically DJ MOORE, in the first round? On a team with Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Dorsett, and Britt? There isn’t a chance in heck. 

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Two things. 

1. Nobody was drafted at no. 250.

2. This is insane for the Patriots. A wideout, specifically DJ MOORE, in the first round? On a team with Edelman, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, Dorsett, and Britt? There isn’t a chance in heck. 

If you'd look at the spreadsheet, you'd see that Edelman & Amendola are elsewhere. 

That leaves you with:

Mitchell | Cooks | Hogan | Dorsett | Britt

We all saw what happened when Cooks went out of the lineup during the SB, having that speed threat on the outside is apparently at least somewhat important to the NE offense. Moore gives you that and more.

14 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

If you'd look at the spreadsheet, you'd see that Edelman & Amendola are elsewhere. 

That leaves you with:

Mitchell | Cooks | Hogan | Dorsett | Britt

We all saw what happened when Cooks went out of the lineup during the SB, having that speed threat on the outside is apparently at least somewhat important to the NE offense. Moore gives you that and more.

I'd argue if you take away both our slot receivers it's more important to get a new slot receiver. What did we get for compensation in trading Edelman to the Jets? And why on earth would we trade him to the JETS?

And I don't think it's important enough to use the first round pick if Brady still put up 500 yards and the front seven got slashed.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, MathMan said:

Also, I love what the Packers have done in your mock.

With the exception of addressing the  #2 QB position

What about that kid from VA as a comp pick in round 3?  I don't know much about him but he has to be better than Hundley...

On 2/9/2018 at 6:06 PM, Desperado82 said:

Can't make anybody happy xD

Look back through the comments and you'll see a couple other Brownie fans suggest taking Barkley #1 and Fitzpatrick #4 and a QB later in the 1st. 

Also, I have you guys signing Richardson and Butler...who else would you want? 

My criticism is not about me not being happy with how your draft played out, its that this scenario make no sense for the Browns. If you had the Browns taking Baker Mayfield at 1 or 4 i would be happy but i wouldn't complain because that at least make some sense. Again why would the team with the #1 pick in a draft wait and trade up for what is at best the 4th best QB in the draft and not even bring in a veteran QB when they don't have a QB on the roster that has won a game. Also you just don't take a RB #1

Yeah sorry @Desperado82 this is just not good. Not taking a qb at number one is just a huge fail. Darnold and Rosen are absolutely worth the first pick. I’d be hesitant to take Mayfield at one but I could understand it. Contrary to popular belief in here it’s been a rare thing for us to be in a position to take the best qb in the draft despite how miserably crappy we’ve been. We have two for sure worthy, and one maybe worthy and we don’t take one?  It’s time people. 

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah sorry @Desperado82 this is just not good. Not taking a qb at number one is just a huge fail. Darnold and Rosen are absolutely worth the first pick. I’d be hesitant to take Mayfield at one but I could understand it. Contrary to popular belief in here it’s been a rare thing for us to be in a position to take the best qb in the draft despite how miserably crappy we’ve been. We have two for sure worthy, and one maybe worthy and we don’t take one?  It’s time people. 

Just curious, but if there are 3 QB you could see them taking, why not lock down Barkley at 1 and take whichever of the 3 are there at 4?

Archived