Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

Just now, catcheryea said:

this might be the best one tbh. well known sage dan orlovsky.

Not to mention - Josh Rosen is an Econ major at UCLA while playing football. So many people are like "well, this guy graduated in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA in X" but that pretty much ignores everyone who isn't like that to try and use one data point to prove Rosen is wrong

5 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Not to mention - Josh Rosen is an Econ major at UCLA while playing football. So many people are like "well, this guy graduated in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA in X" but that pretty much ignores everyone who isn't like that to try and use one data point to prove Rosen is wrong

Like I totally understand what Rosen was saying. I dont think he was trying to make people feel sorry for him or other athletes. Its just, why should guys be forced to go to class for a degree they will never finish because the only reason they went to the school was because of the football program and will leave for the NFL once they have a chance.

Just another stance to argue against the NFLs free farm system. If a guys future is the NFL, why does he have to waste time in classes. Usually those guys just waste time by being a communication or general studies major. You have players take it serious like Rosen who major in something like Econ.

Its like what Cardale Jones said, he didnt go to tOSU to play school, he went there to play football.

In reality, schools like Bama, tOSU, USC, Duke, UNC, Kentucky and other top athletic programs should offer a professional athlete major or minor. Something athletes could decide to take if they know they will be going pro in their sport. It doesnt just have to be football and basketball. You could see armature athletes who want to go pro/be on team USA take the courses. Have it cover stuff they will need to know like P.R., financial literacy, marketing/advertisement, and stuff like that. I wouldnt make it a blow off type major but at least the athletes might be a lot more interested in that kind of education because its going to help them more potentially. 

Archived