Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Will Ex-Sen. Perdue's Exit Mean Sen. Herschel Walker, R-Ga.?
hershel walker walks and talks with then-president donald trump
(Oliver Contreras/Getty Images)

GetFile.aspx?guid=7866165d-4b7d-4fd4-a195-c6649baf7b06&SiteName=NewsmaxBy John Gizzi Tuesday, 23 February 2021 05:47 PM Current | Bio | Archive

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/david-perdue-hershel-walker-raphael-warnock-senate/2021/02/23/id/1011248/

"...If anyone could be called a "hero" or "legend" in the Peach State, it is Walker. In a state where college football is considered the sport of kings, Walker starred with the University of Georgia's Bulldogs, won the coveted Heisman Trophy in 1982 and was All-American three times.

Walker went on to play professional football and had stints with the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, and the New York Giants. ..."

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RpMc said:

One of the teams that's always at the top of the European Leagues - good for him for giving it a go, making some money, and then heading back home where he will probably dominate.

I’ve always wondered what he would have been able to accomplish had he played college football in the US. 

He just never seemed to have that gritty mentality that football players develop. Always seemed very timid on the field. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve always wondered what he would have been able to accomplish had he played college football in the US. 

He just never seemed to have that gritty mentality that football players develop. Always seemed very timid on the field. 

I think he's another one of these guys that people hold out hope for for waaaaay too long.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Even had he had the ability to play HS football it would have made a difference.  Having coached over in that part of world, and now coaching women here in the states. No youth, pop Warner, high school ball (and the college as well), the mental aspect of the game is incredibly far behind the typical American kid who has grown up playing the game. 

Edited by RpMc

• 2 weeks later...