Yankees acquire LHP Jaime Garcia from Minnesota

NewAge

Assuming they do get Garcia and Gray, maybe they'll try and do some type of 6 man rotation because Montgomery is going to hit an innings limit most likely and Tanaka sometimes does better with extra rest? 

Also, Littell isn't a special prospect, but he feels like an overpay for a meh rental guy like Jaime. But the Yankees need at least one starter and I guess this move kind of takes some leverage from the A's if they won't relent, maybe?

Yankees are close to aquiring Jamie Garcia...the report also mentioned this doesnt effect the Gray trade. But no idea what we would do with Garcia if we made both trades. As our rotation would be set with

1. Severino
2. Gray
3. Tanaka
4. Sabathia
5. Montgomery

Does Garcia go to Triple A as insurance? Maybe bring him in at the end of the season to rest our guys if we clinch a playoff spot. Cant imagine anyone being forced to bullpen when wr have Warren and Green who are two excellent long relievers.

Yeah I don't get this trade.  

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yankees are close to aquiring Jamie Garcia...the report also mentioned this doesnt effect the Gray trade. But no idea what we would do with Garcia if we made both trades. As our rotation would be set with

1. Severino
2. Gray
3. Tanaka
4. Sabathia
5. Montgomery

Does Garcia go to Triple A as insurance? Maybe bring him in at the end of the season to rest our guys if we clinch a playoff spot. Cant imagine anyone being forced to bullpen when wr have Warren and Green who are two excellent long relievers.

Yeah I don't get it.  You don't trade prospects for a sixth starter. Makes me think Gray is a long shot and either way I'm not sure this trade makes sense because if we don't get Gray we still have Adams.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Yeah I don't get this trade.  

Yeah I don't get it.  You don't trade prospects for a sixth starter. Makes me think Gray is a long shot and either way I'm not sure this trade makes sense because if we don't get Gray we still have Adams.

Adams still hasn't been called up and he's on even more of an innings limit than Montgomery. Considering that they've been opting to run Caleb Smith and Luis Cessa out there, seems that the Yankees don't think he's ready to start in the majors

10 hours ago, NewAge said:

If the Twins get Littell here, this is bordering on riskless arbitrage. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-trades-yankees-get-lefty-starter-jaime-garcia-from-twins-for-two-prospects/

On Saturday, the New York Yankees won their sixth consecutive game. On Sunday, the Yankees kept the momentum rolling in a different way acquiring left-handed pitcher Jaime Garcia from the Minnesota Twins for pitching prospects Zack Littell and Dietrich Enns. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...did the Yankees give up more or less than what the Twins gave up?

More. The Twins paid ~$4 million for one start of Jaime Garcia and an upgrade in prospects. 

On 7/30/2017 at 2:37 AM, NewAge said:

If the Twins get Littell here, this is bordering on riskless arbitrage. 

I don't know that I'd say that. The Twins got him in the hopes of competing in the central then they bombed so they can trade him. Arbitrage is doing this with intent. And it wasn't riskless even if that was the intent as there is no guarantee they would have gotten anything for him.

Archived