This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Where did they overspend?

Giving up the most in the history of the league for a defensive player is a good place to start looking for answers to that question.

No offense, but I really don't want to discuss this with Bears fans.  There's literally no point.  Y'all could have traded 6 first round picks for Mack and still thought it was a good idea.  It does nobody any good, and I just frankly don't want to argue it with people who will never agree or even be open to agreeing.

All I'll say is I had literally the exact same conversations when the Vikings traded for Jared Allen and I was right, just like I will be this time.  You don't give up that much draft capital and money for one player and expect to win Super Bowls.  

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I actually never suggested they do that.  Packers don't make a habit of overspending on a bunch of free agents.  Making strong free agent additions without overspending is something they can do without blowing their chances at adding more the following years, unlike the Bears.  

I'd say they overpaid for Wilkerson and Graham considering their production wouldn't you? Again, what are these free agents the Bears need that they have no shot at? If I'm being honest you really aren't making a lot of sense right now. Any chance you may have had one too many with Thanksgiving dinner? :)

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Giving up the most in the history of the league for a defensive player is a good place to start looking for answers to that question.

No offense, but I really don't want to discuss this with Bears fans.  There's literally no point.  Y'all could have traded 6 first round picks for Mack and still thought it was a good idea.  It does nobody any good, and I just frankly don't want to argue it with people who will never agree or even be open to agreeing.

All I'll say is I had literally the exact same conversations when the Vikings traded for Jared Allen and I was right, just like I will be this time.  You don't give up that much draft capital and money for one player and expect to win Super Bowls.  

You realize that there is almost no one who still thinks the Mack trade was bad for the Bears right? I mean even most of your Packer fan friends here are wishing the Pack had made that trade. 

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yep, it ain't the college you're picking from, it is the player you're selecting.

Too bad we turned the 21s pick in the draft into a 4th round pick 4 years later while the Bears used a 4th round pick to get get an actual player at safety.

I would LOVE to see you calling this as the time.  I know you didn't.  Stop using revisionist theory to try and prove a point.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see any power struggle other than the ones fans who are upset about the new structure create in their heads.

There isn't.  It's just an unnecessary set of mental gymnastics to try and reach a conclusion.  There's no power struggle going on right now.

1 hour ago, Pool said:

You're better than this. Bears are locked and loaded for the next several years with their current roster. They have no glaring holes to fill so they wouldn't be active in FA even if they could be. As for not having a 1st round pick it is less than ideal but their team is loaded with excellent players they have drafted in the 2nd round or later so it is nowhere near the death knell you are making it out to be. 

IF you say so.

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

can we all agree that the dallas halftime show makes me wish that the soviet union still existed and that they won?

I didn't know Thanksgiving games have cheap Super Bowl knockoffs at half time. Just tuned in to take my mind off for a bit and this is embarassing.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, the bears gave the best defensive player in the league the biggest contract, it's called inflation.  News Flash the pack did the same when they signed the best defensive player in the league.  As will the next team to sign the best defensive player in the league.  And what are you even talking about with Jared Allen.  Allen was a great player for them for his entire time there and had them competing perennially. That makes no sense to back up your claim.  And you're right an entire draft wouldnt have been too much to give for Mack, which is what makes it astounding that Pace was able to get him for essentially 1 first round pick.

Just now, CWood21 said:

IF you say so.

I do. But I know that you think the Bears are full of average players right? I mean, that's what you are going to argue right? That Tarik Cohen and Amos (and I forget who the other player was) are just average and nothing more. Right?

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

I do. But I know that you think the Bears are full of average players right? I mean, that's what you are going to argue right? That Tarik Cohen and Amos (and I forget who the other player was) are just average and nothing more. Right?

Then I guess it's settled.  I mean, the Bears are chock full of elite players, the best coaching staff, and the best FO.  I guess we should cancel the rest of the NFL season.  The fact that you can't even stay realistic when discussing your own team means I'm wasting my time trying to discuss the Bears with you.  If you want to talk about how great Tarik Cohen is, go right ahead.  I'll tune you out right here, right now.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

A lot like Doug Marrone was the best head coach in his division last year?

This happens all the damn time.  

Shocking that the team with incredible draft capital gets good after an active offseason.  I'm shocked.  

The Vikings are already experiencing the weight of slipping drastically in draft order.

It happened to the Packers.

Its going to happen very suddenly with the Bears.

Is there some draft capital formula we can use to multiply our 4.5 wins past their 8? Otherwise I don't care. 

Their roster as a whole isnt any more talented than ours. They have almost double the wins.

If Trubisky is good, they aren't going anywhere. You still don't understand football comes down to the QB. Until they have to pay Trubisky they will be good. It will take a year or two after that for it will fall apart after that.

The Vikings are feeling the side effects of having a bad OL. Has only a small portion to do with draft capital. Spent all their money on that defense and Cousins. Defense is regressing as it ages, offense can't run or protect Cousins.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Then I guess it's settled.  I mean, the Bears are chock full of elite players, the best coaching staff, and the best FO.  I guess we should cancel the rest of the NFL season.  The fact that you can't even stay realistic when discussing your own team means I'm wasting my time trying to discuss the Bears with you.  If you want to talk about how great Tarik Cohen is, go right ahead.  I'll tune you out right here, right now.

This is the kind of discussion I come here for. Nice strawman. Tarik Cohen is elite. Tarik Cohen is average. Which of the underlined statements was said by one of us. I'll give you a hint. You said the second one. Still think that? Because yea, tune me out if so.