This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't care about 2-3 years from now. In 2018 the Bears have the best team, coach and front office in the NFCN.

Lol they do not have the best head coach in the NFCN.  Tell me that again when the Bears don't go out and add 5 moderate free agent signings, one major one and a huge blockbuster trade.

I'd like to know the last time a team was as good as they were the previous year with zero free agent additions and zero first day picks in the draft.  

This happens every single year.  It happened to the Jaguars this year. It gets tough when you suddenly can't buy/draft your way better.  

But once again I'm the crazy one for referencing the same repeated trends that have happened throughout history.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol they do not have the best head coach in the NFCN.  Tell me that again when the Bears don't go out and add 5 moderate free agent signings, one major one and a huge blockbuster trade.

I'd like to know the last time a team was as good as they were the previous year with zero free agent additions and zero first day picks in the draft.  

This happens every single year.  It happened to the Jaguars this year. It gets tough when you suddenly can't buy/draft your way better.  

But once again I'm the crazy one for referencing the same repeated trends that have happened throughout history.  

In 2018 the Bears absolutely, without a doubt have the best coach in the NFCN. I don't care about next year or last year.

He just played a SNF game against a division opponent, won, came back on the road on Thursday AM, with a backup QB, and won.

No refuting that. Mac and Zimmer have been below average this year and Patricia is a failure waiting to happen. Absolutely the best coach in the division this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't care about 2-3 years from now. In 2018 the Bears have the best team, coach and front office in the NFCN.

Way too many people don't get this. It's always, wait until you see us in 2 years! That's not the NFL, especially not anymore.

Not a coincidence the 3 best teams in the NFC right now were the 3 most aggressive in the offseason, including dealing draft picks.

Im a sacramento Kings fan.  I've been waiting on "theyre a young team, just give them, 3, 4, 5 years" since 2005 now.  its not a fun game to play.  Its a dumb game to play.  We are flirting with that game.  we dont want to go anywhere near that game.  

Edited by HeresAGuy

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If this were pre-Mack thatd be a hell of a call. I don't think the Bears success is surprising anyone. The consensus was pretty much, "If Trubisky is good, the Bears will be good." To his credit he's probably been the best QB in the NFCN this year.

He's been fine because Nagy has run a smart system around him. Using his legs, a lot of misdirection, short passes, etc. I wouldn't say he's been the best QB, but he's in the best system by far and not much is required of him...

In other words, you're seeing some coaching in Chicago. 

Edited by packfanfb

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In 2018 the Bears absolutely, without a doubt have the best coach in the NFCN. I don't care about next year or last year.

He just played a SNF game against a division opponent, won, came back on the road on Thursday AM, with a backup QB, and won.

No refuting that. Mac and Zimmer have been below average this year and Patricia is a failure waiting to happen. Absolutely the best coach in the division this year.

A lot like Doug Marrone was the best head coach in his division last year?

This happens all the damn time.  

Shocking that the team with incredible draft capital gets good after an active offseason.  I'm shocked.  

The Vikings are already experiencing the weight of slipping drastically in draft order.

It happened to the Packers.

Its going to happen very suddenly with the Bears.

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You're better than this. Bears are locked and loaded for the next several years with their current roster. They have no glaring holes to fill so they wouldn't be active in FA even if they could be. As for not having a 1st round pick it is less than ideal but their team is loaded with excellent players they have drafted in the 2nd round or later so it is nowhere near the death knell you are making it out to be. 

18 minutes ago, Pool said:

You're better than this. Bears are locked and loaded for the next several years with their current roster. They have no glaring holes to fill so they wouldn't be active in FA even if they could be. As for not having a 1st round pick it is less than ideal but their team is loaded with excellent players they have drafted in the 2nd round or later so it is nowhere near the death knell you are making it out to be. 

Eh

11 minutes ago, Pool said:

I'm better than what?  You're naturally gonna think I'm way wrong, but I'm better than what?

This happens all the time in the NFL.  Teams take the fast approach rather than the patient approach, they blow it all in one offseason and find out that other teams get better while they stayed the same.  They find out that other teams adapt to them and learn how to play them.  They find out that you can't put three seasons of change and additions into one season and expect following seasons to go as well.

NFL history is loaded with examples of this.  The Jaguars from last year to this year.  The Dolphins did it.  The Bills did it.  The Raiders did it.  The Eagles did it.  The Rams are doing it this year. Every single team in the NFL has done it at one point or another.  The same thing always happens.

Your team is loaded with talent.  Loaded with it.  No talent-loaded team can sustain the changes of other teams and improvements of other teams without making changes and improvements of their own.  

Thr Bears will for all intents and purposes stay exactly the same this year to next.  The Packers will have two first round picks and more cap space than they have ever had in Aaron's time here.  The Vikings won't have any money, but they'll have a first round pick.  The Lions will have a high first round pick.

You think the Bears staying exactly the same will be fine.  I think the changes the Packers, Lions and Vikings will be able to make, as well as an entire year's worth of tape and time to study it out of Trubisky/Nagy, will swing the favor back to them.

I am not saying anything unrealistic.  I am firm in NFL history being the best way to judge NFL futures, and NFL history has shown that you cannot put future offseasons into one offseason and expect a good result.  

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The slobbering over the Bears disgusts me.  They gave up everything to be pretenders overnight instead of being patient to become contenders in two years.

Everyone's acting like they built a dynasty overnight and nailed everything, absolutely everything, when they haven't won a playoff game yet.

Wait two years to see what happens when their draft capital and position plummets, their cap space is dried up and they can't keep up with teams who have cap space and draft picks.

I wouldn't call them pretenders. they're on pace to be the highest-graded defense in the last 13 years. Only 6 other teams in that period came even marginally close to that projection and of those 6, 3 won the Superbowl that year and 3 lost in the conference championship game by 1 score. 

but yea, the level of envy seems a bit ignorant when people are overlooking of how much resources the Bears had to spend in comparison to alot of other teams. even forgetting about the lack of cap & draft assets, they'll experience some regression. none of the aforementioned 6 teams came even close to repeating their high grade the following season, even if they still had a strong defense. The Bears could quite easily become the Jags next season. As for cap, they'll have about 12.8m in cap space, so they could quite easily lose 2 of the 3 key pieces that are hitting FA (Massie, Callahan, & Amos), or lose 1 of them and some of their roster depth. And people are underestimating the impact of having so few draft assets in the upcoming couple drafts. Their drafts may start looking as sparse as the Seahawks' drafts from 13-15. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm better than what?  You're naturally gonna think I'm way wrong, but I'm better than what?

This happens all the time in the NFL.  Teams take the fast approach rather than the patient approach, they blow it all in one offseason and find out that other teams get better while they stayed the same.  They find out that other teams adapt to them and learn how to play them.  They find out that you can't put three seasons of change and additions into one season and expect following seasons to go as well.

NFL history is loaded with examples of this.  The Jaguars from last year to this year.  The Dolphins did it.  The Bills did it.  The Raiders did it.  The Eagles did it.  The Rams are doing it this year. Every single team in the NFL has done it at one point or another.  The same thing always happens.

Your team is loaded with talent.  Loaded with it.  No talent-loaded team can sustain the changes of other teams and improvements of other teams without making changes and improvements of their own.  

Thr Bears will for all intents and purposes stay exactly the same this year to next.  The Packers will have two first round picks and more cap space than they have ever had in Aaron's time here.  The Vikings won't have any money, but they'll have a first round pick.  The Lions will have a high first round pick.

You think the Bears staying exactly the same will be fine.  I think the changes the Packers, Lions and Vikings will be able to make, as well as an entire year's worth of tape and time to study it out of Trubisky/Nagy, will swing the favor back to them.

I am not saying anything unrealistic.  I am firm in NFL history being the best way to judge NFL futures, and NFL history has shown that you cannot put future offseasons into one offseason and expect a good result.  

Are you really arguing that the Bears making sweeping changes this year is bad for the franchise and yet if the Packers, Vikings, and Lions do the same next year its good for theirs? Your homer and salt levels are seriously reaching critical mass :P. And yes, I do think you are better than that. You can't really read this stuff your write and think it makes sense or has any bearing on reality do you? It's not like the Bears went all in it to win it this year. They have primarily built through the draft and added FA's as icing on the draft cake. Young team, young players, young system, and a young innovative head coach so when I say they will stand pat in FA and the draft pick not making or breaking them I am also taking into account that another year of Mitch and the rest of the young players gaining more experience in this system will make them a better team next year than they are right now. 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Are you really arguing that the Bears making sweeping changes this year is bad for the franchise and yet if the Packers, Vikings, and Lions do the same next year its good for theirs? 

I actually never suggested they do that.  Packers don't make a habit of overspending on a bunch of free agents.  Making strong free agent additions without overspending is something they can do without blowing their chances at adding more the following years, unlike the Bears.  

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember a certain team with green & gold colors go out and sign the best defensive player in the league to go with their emerging qb and got a superbowl out of it.  You say the Bears weren't patient.  That just doesnt ring the least bit true.  They spent 3 years just loading up on talent thru the draft.  They knew they had a good defense.  They believed in their young qb, added EXACTLY THE RIGHT PLAYERS TO FIT PERSONNEL AND SYSYTEM.  Before Mack everybody viewed the Bears as that pesky team that you dont want to play who was a year away.  All that the Mack move did was make a good defense a championship defense.  As I already pointed out 10/22 starters are drafted players in the 2nd round or later.  All but Goldman are still on their rookie years.  The only starters that are ufas are Bobbie Massie and Adrian Amos, 2 very replaceable players.  For all intents and purposes the Bears gave up 1 1st round pick for Mack.  Mack is better now, will be better next year, will be better 2,3,4 years from now than that 1st round pick will be.  They will still have flexibility to do what they want to do in the offseason.  They dont have to pay the qb until Mack's cap hit is reasonable again.  I'm not saying they're going to be a dynasty, but its folly to act like they arent better now AND in the long run with these moves.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I actually never suggested they do that.  Packers don't make a habit of overspending on a bunch of free agents.  Making strong free agent additions without overspending is something they can do without blowing their chances at adding more the following years, unlike the Bears.  

Where did they overspend?