This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

48 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Interesting read on CHI and the upcoming decision on Fields.

How Will the Bears Handle Their Franchise-Defining Moment?

If I'm Chicago this is how I view my options:

(1) Trade #1 pick for a similar ransom as last year

(2) Take Williams or Maye if you think they're studly, sit them for a year, evaluate both Fields and rookie in 2024. Give rookie occasional series/playing time. If they look the part, trade Fields before 2025.

(3) There is no option 3. It would be a total laughingstock if they take a non-QB at #1 in the draft

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

(2) Take Williams or Maye if you think they're studly, sit them for a year, evaluate both Fields and rookie in 2024. Give rookie occasional series/playing time. If they look the part, trade Fields before 2025.

(3) There is no option 3. It would be a total laughingstock if they take a non-QB at #1 in the draft

This is where it's weird if like Fields somehow gets good but you have Caleb the year after. Like then what? Least likely outcome I think though

49 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I bet the Bears will think a receiver is the solution to all their problems first overall.

Would not surprise me at all to see them trade back a few spots to collect some picks and still land Harrison.  That #1 pick will hold some crazy value with this QB class.

Pair Harrison with Moore, build up the OL and add a RB.  Do that, and CHI is going to be a problem if Fields is anything better than terrible.

Edited by Mazrimiv

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is where it's weird if like Fields somehow gets good but you have Caleb the year after. Like then what? Least likely outcome I think though

then you're sitting in the most enviable position imaginable and you trade one of them for a king's ransom

• Like 1

It is a good thing when the Packers are the only team in their division to get a playoff spot. We don't need any of our rivals crashing the playoff party.

On 1/3/2024 at 1:03 PM, pf9 said:

It is a good thing when the Packers are the only team in their division to get a playoff spot. We don't need any of our rivals crashing the playoff party.

I like having multiple nfcn teams in there. High stakes games between teams that know each other and dont like each other is are fun. 

On 1/3/2024 at 1:07 PM, incognito_man said:

I've been a proponent for option 2. There are some here who think Fields won't go for that and will want out. They've told me option 3 would be trade Fields and Pick Williams. If it's the Bears, they very well might trade Fields and take Maye. Which would be fricking hilarious. 

Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes 2.0. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Must we be pompous even towards Detroit? They’re coming off a legendarily terrible 50 years where they went from the original Los Angeles to being nothing. Give them a break. They’re so close to Canada they have a French name. FRENCH. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Must we be pompous even towards Detroit? They’re coming off a legendarily terrible 50 years where they went from the original Los Angeles to being nothing. Give them a break. They’re so close to Canada they have a French name. FRENCH. 

matt-lafleur-offered-brutal-explanation-

• Like 1

While I think hanging division banners is pretty hilarious, the Lions as a franchise been STARVING for any sort of success, so I get them basking in it. Sports are ultimately a form of entertainment for fans and there hasn't been a whole lot to celebrate if you've grown up being a Lions fan, so when you do have any form of success, go all out and milk it for all its worth

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

While I think hanging division banners is pretty hilarious, the Lions as a franchise been STARVING for any sort of success, so I get them basking in it. Sports are ultimately a form of entertainment for fans and there hasn't been a whole lot to celebrate if you've grown up being a Lions fan, so when you do have any form of success, go all out and milk it for all its worth

I don't mind the Lions hanging one division banner .. once every 30 is mind boggling.  When one considers how bad they have been over the years, the number of very high draft picks in every round for 30 years ... they hit on 1 year and I don't mind.  It's better than the Vikings for sure and even the Bears.  Next year is another year and probably a new division winner.